Distortion Sensitivity - HOLY COW!

• Okay, I've always adjusted the clean sensitivity on my input, but I just realized by adjusting the distortion sensitivity as well, it really makes those gainy profiles sound 100 times better. cleans them up really nice, but sounds better than just lowering the gain. I feel like I have a brand new Kemper now!

So anyway, can anyone explain what distortion sensitivity does or is? I feel like clean sensitivity is just input level right? is there a "default setting" for either of these as a starting point?
    the clean sensitivity is easy to figure out because just don't let the light get into the red. Is there any way to set the distortion sensitivity other than just using your ears until it sounds good :)

I just can't get over how much it cleans up those distorted profiles without getting rid of the gain. My guitar is on the hot side, so every profile I've played through has always sounded just a little to thrashy.

Okay, that's all, have fun

• The default for Distortion Sense is the middle position.
    I assume that you have turned it down, as your guitar is quite hot, right?

Turning down Distortion sense is as you would turn down the Gain on all profiles.

And yes, it's a simple rule of thumb, that you have performed: If your guitar does not clean out well, there might be too much gain and distortion :)

• Thanks Chris -

So is it just automatically turning down the gain on each distorted profile? or is it something separate than the gain control? to me it sounds different than turning down the gain, but i could be wrong. like if I turn down the dist. sense 2dB is it the same as turning down the gain 2dB on the profile.

PS, I love this thing, thank you!