Kemper monitors for bedroom + living room loudness

• Hi!

I know that this topic was discussed but not exactly with the same requirements/manner.

I have Yamaha DXR10 which sounds super cool but I love to have some monitors for home low-level volume playing because Yamaha takes ~700W which translates to let's say only 2h per day playing/practicing costs more than 10$ per month taking into account current energy prices, which is insane!! It's not ecological nor financially viable.

I wish to have 2 monitors which together will take max 80W, less power they will take but still be able to sound good on low-volume - better. I will play 90% of the time at low-level volume - if I wish to have loud sound I can just switch to Yamaha DXR10.

Do you have any recommendations for such a case?

Thanks in advance!

• 700 watt ??? More like 90 watt as per the label on the back of DXR-10 ....

Have you read it ? :/

Maybe you have misunderstand power consumption and output power ... Both are in watts 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Even if the maximum power consumption would be 700 W, the device would not take it the whole time. Permanent 700 W output of a speaker like the DXR10 would cause an insane volume level ;)

Modern ampflifiers, like the one in a DXR10, are working very efficient and have a very low power consumption at low volume levels. So you don't have to worry about this.

• I recommend 6.5" drivers over the 5s.

JBLs are okay. But, consider the Mackie MR624.

No hiss, and they sound great at very low volume levels—the two factors that convinced me to go with them over the JBL 306P and Adam T7v.

• I recommend 6.5" drivers over the 5s.

JBLs are okay. But, consider the Mackie MR624.

No hiss, and they sound great at very low volume levels—the two factors that convinced me to go with them over the JBL 306P and Adam T7v.

I have the 306's (6.5). I don't hear any hiss unless I go 75% volume on interface with the monitors volumes at full with the HF trim at 0db. But I do have them at 10 feet apart. I would go smaller if the distance is closer.

I've heard the Adams are good too.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use ILoud Micro Monitor from IK Multimedia. Sounds very good for the size.

I also use the Kabinet, which sounds also great for low Volume. You can get a low Power amp for that or the powered version.

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|