RM for Windows/MacOS using network (wifi/ethernet) to connect to the PROFILER

• One of the next additions to the Rig Manager for Windows should be the option to connect wirelessly to the Kemper Stage.
    IPads and Tablets already hace that option with the App, but my Windows Surface Go Tablet is not able to connect to the Kemper Stage via WiFi, as it uses the Rig Manager for Windows, which in its current state is only able to connect via USB.
    This would make it possible to connect all Windows Laptops and Tablets to the Kemper Stage with (in theory) not much programming work, as it's already possible with the Apps.

• I've got the Rig Manager working with my Kemper on my local home network. The catch is you need a device at the other end to plug the Kemper into, either an RPi, Linux system, Windows or iOS machine. I've plugged mine into my nearby NAS unit.

All you need is here, and use the option on my screenshot for the connection:

VirtualHere Server (for Win, Linux, iOS, QNAP, Synology, Android etc)

VirtualHere Client (for Win, Linux, iOS etc)

Setup the server software on the device/machine most conveniently near your Kemper, then use the client to connect as per my screenshot. There are no settings to concern yourself with. A motivated person could use a small USB powered linux device (Raspberry Pi) etc, or PoE device in conjunction with the PoE/footswitch and WiFi setup elsewhere and be able to hit the Kemper anywhere, anytime.

I don't think this requires more of a tutorial than above, its really quite straightforward. Good luck! VirtualHere server has a demo time (15 days or something) then after that it is $49 for an unlimited lifetime license - which is peanuts for adding this functionality to your Kempers!

• With the new audio over USB functionality recently announced by CK, thought it would be good to post a reminder on this thread, wondering what the possibilities are connecting Rig Manager to KPA using Ethernet in stead of USB. This is still high on my personal wish list.

• With a solution that let us connect the KPA and remote to a LAN (external PoE-capable switch) I would also like to see audio over ethernet (AVB or Dante) because it has less latency than USB.

• With a solution that let us connect the KPA and remote to a LAN (external PoE-capable switch) I would also like to see audio over ethernet (AVB or Dante) because it has less latency than USB.

AVB requires hardware clocking support on the ethernet port (IEEE 1588) which almost surely the Kemper eth port does not have. Even if Dante could be implemented, it requires a license be paid by Kemper to Audinate which would increase the cost of the KPA. If you want Dante, you can buy a Dante AVIO adapter and connect it to the KPA's analog stereo output. Unfortunately those adapters have risen from their original $99 price to $200 but they work great.

The Dante AVIO USB adapter is $40 cheaper and might work with USB audio on the Kemper but latency might be an issue as you stated.

• <3 +1

OSC over Ethernet/Wifi/USB/whatever would be very very nice.

Most used controls/knobs on a page on my phone/tablet/whatever (TouchOSC/webpage/whatever) could be created by everyone easily.

crazy.

• Checking back to this thread after some time now and I'm not really sure about how they would - if ever - implement the Webpage-Rig Manger.
    Of course having a webserver running on the KPA that will provide that funcionality would be amazing, as it is the most versatile and professional way to configure/edit parameters for devices nowadays. On the other side, the Rig Manager Application for Mac/iOS/Windows would be completely obsolete. Only Updates for the Kemper would be necessary and the Webserver-part would come in the KPA update itself.
    Not sure, if Kemper would turn around completely, after investing so much into the applications by now. Also I have no clue, if the hardware is even capable of doing this.

• Thank you so much to Kemper that the Rig Manager App for Android is now available.

So as a next step it shouldn't be difficult to implent a network function to use the Kemper with a Windows PC, which is also in the home network and has Rig Manager installed. I would be more than happy to get rid of the 5m USB cable.

Is there any chance for that implementation?