Looking for the best "flat" profile that doesn't color sound

• So I guess this is an unusual request. I have a Kemper rack head that I use to power my AccuGroove Supremo cabinet (which is amazing). However, sometimes I want to try out some other devices through my cab and I want a perfectly clean "flat" profile that won't color the sound at all but just let me use the Kemper to power the cab. I tried just turning off all the block sections but that reduces the volume too much (maybe there's some sort of setting I'm missing). I've searched around the rig exchange for something to fit the bill with no luck, but maybe I just don't know what keywords to use. Any ideas? Thanks!

• An interesting idea that I saw suggested by Kemper support recently may do just what you are looking for. You can profile a cable and basically get a super clean profile from that to start with. You would just plug one end of the cable to the send and the other to the return that your unit uses for profiling and run it through the profiling process.

• Wow, that's an interesting idea, I did just that with decent results. I went ahead and uploaded my attempt for anyone else interested to the Rig Exchange as "Cable Direct" by pwhe23.

• Best flat sound? Play with amp and cab off and just use a booster to boost the signal of your pickups. I do this for some great clean sounds because I want to hear only the tone and EQ of the pickups. But still, the sound going out into any cab, monitors, or headphones will add some coloring to this.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.