Can I control transpose stomp via MIDI?

• Hey guys,

I'm automating my Kemper for live and I just can't figure out how to control the transpose stomp via MIDI. Is it possible?

Basically like the expression pedal just without pedal. All automated in Ableton.

Thanks!

• Hi, have you solved the question?

And how, please?

Could you give me an example, please?

Thanks a lot

i need to control my kemper via Ableton, but unfortunately not all the parameters i need to control have a midi Cc, so i 'm obliged to do it with Nrpn but i can't understand how (max4live?) and the code :(

• I'm using Reaper and ALMOST have this working through NPRN but can only get the MIDI message to change the transpose value to either -36 or 36. I have a transpose Stomp in slot A, and my MIDI lanes first send a CC99 value of 50 for Module A (Address Page 50), and a CC98 Value of 56 for Voice 1 Pitch. Then i'm sending a CC119 command, but no matter what value i chose it just changes the transpose value back and forth from -36 to 36.

I'm wanting to be able to change the Transpose value from 0, to -1, to -2. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

• According to the MIDI Parameter Documentation Transpose in Rig Settings is address page 4 and has a value range of 28-100. Values outside of that range will set -36 or +36.

• Thanks for the reply Burkhard. I've now tried CC99 value of 4 (Address Page 4), and a CC98 Value of 4 for Transpose, then have tried every individual value from 0-127 in the CC119 command. Each value gives me a Transpose result of 36, then when i click stop on my DAW and the playback returns to the beginning, the Transpose value changes to -36. I've also tried the CC 06 + CC38 combination, sending the same value in each command, and different values in each command, but it always results in Transpose 36.

To make sure i'm not crazy, i did change the CC 98 command to 3 for panorama, that works perfectly and i'm able to use CC 119 to specify any panorama value between -5.0 and 5.0.

Is there anything else i'm missing? I'm on OS 8.6.6, so could it be an OS bug?

• This requires 14-bit resolution. To set Transpose in Rig Settings to for example -14 you need to send:

CC#99 4

CC#98 4

CC#06 0

CC#38 50 here is where the range 28-100 matters and reflects the Pitch range from -36 to +36!

To achieve the same with a Transpose in effect module B send:

CC#99 51

CC#98 56

CC#06 0

CC#38 50