Rig Switching Latency

• Hi there,

I use my Kemper Amp live and the only problem I have is that when I change rigs with my midi footswitch there is a split second dip in volume. This is a problem with all things digital, Axe FX, line 6 etc. If the Kemper would be the first to solve this problem it would sway a lot of people towards using it in a live setting. The dip in volume is virtually unnoticeable from front house, but for those of us who use in-ears it is very apparent.

• I also switch via midi and it does ist instantly... What FC are you using? Is it set to a single midi channel or to omni?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I use the RJM Master Mind. It works great with everything else. It sounds seemless without in ears, but once I use in ears you can hear a short drop in volume.

• I have the same issue. First I thought that it was due somehow to a monitor out issue and I have perform a KPA reset. Fine after that but yesterday again while switching rigs with a PeaK FCB8N the same problem happen again. X(

I have find out that in is due to the reverb block. If I switch from a nice clean sound with delay and reverb to a crunchy sound also with delay and reverb there is a kind a volume swell on the crunchy sound. If I remove the reverb from the crunchy sound the small decay is gone. ?(8|

I have never notice this on previous firware but it might be due to one of the reverb parameters or spill-over feature. I will look at this today.

Any ideas guys on how t resolve this?

• It is not my IEM's. I used amps before this with my in ears without problem. It's just a problem with digital amps. The other guitar player in my band returned his Ax Fx because it was driving him so nuts.(he has a lot more parts with FX then I do) I love the kemper and I won't be giving it up because of this, but a solution for this would be awesome.

• As mentioned previously, perhaps this is related to the Delay effect. I'm not currently using a MIDI controller, but I have noticed that when I switch to Tuner mode (with muting on) that the sound continues even after muting when there is delay being used.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer