For the Love Of God Can We Please Get Some Kind of Rig Management Tool?!

• Incredible that people get so worked up and defensive...I said I LOVE THE KPA!! I just feel the inclusion of these basic fx are very important. You dont think so and thats fine. With regards to line 6 and boss...line 6s rack mount pod has been used on LOTS of recordings. And Boss???? are you serious...maybe youre right The Police were a very small band and they used them for recording..and also another small and unknown guitarist by the name of gilmour also uses them live and on record..also malmsteen has on many occasion used boss. As far as my own playing..well youve never heard me or know who I am - never assume.. Lets keep this civil My comment is valid. people go on searches for a life time for tone and rant over the subject -when in many cases they are ignorant. Just to make my point more clear...This was NOT projected at ANY member here in the forum. Its sad you cant make an opposing opinion on here. After all thats how healthy debates and discussions are created - with positives and negatives. very disappointing with the reactions made really..

+1000

People should feel free to post their personal "Feature Requests" without fear of being called names, and belittled, for possibly being less tech savy than someone else.
    The KPA is a piece of gear for Guitarists, all of whom are not, (nor required to be) IT, or software professionals.
    I personally come here to learn, and to help, if I can.
    I can only hope that others will do the same.

Edited 2 times, last by imall41 ().

• Thats fine you can resort to calling me lazy because I dont know how to use a spreadsheet. I differ from your opinion of adequate though. And while " CK shouldnt have to cater to technologically unsavvy users" just about every other modeler out there now has a way to manage set lists, presets, etc easily through drag and drop and the ability to use a keyboard to name presets or whatever. Throw insults all you want. Modern technology is what it is. I for one would like some sort of librarian. Im not going to sell my Kemper if I dont get it. Im not worked up about the fact one isnt availbe yet, I just dont understand why.Why so defensive???? A foot controller is available right now in MANY forms. Ones that are "adequate". Why is that a top priority? Im in no huge hurry for a librarian. Ive had this unit since it came to the states and I LOVE it. But just as you have your right to post your opinion without getting bashed, I have that same right even if you disagree with my opinion. No need to call anyone names. Head over to TGP if you want to do that.

Awww, it appears you got your feelings hurt. Perhaps you are the defensive one. :)

I apologize for your lack of computer knowledge. I am sorry that you cannot sufficiently operate an electronic device without having pictures on your computer to guide you. Have you ever considered, if you took all of the effort you spend clamoring on this board for unnecessary features, and invested that time in learning some of those skills that you lack, you would be much better off. Not only with the KPA, but as you said, modern technology is what it is, many more similar devices will follow. Are you going to just sit around and hope everything comes with pictures?

Regarding foot controllers, absolutely there are adequate ones. In fact, I'm very satisfied for the time being with a generic MIDI controller. However, having an integrated footswitch with native features would be the best solution. The difference between your opinion and mine, is that I'm not displaying my frustration in every post with multiple exclamation marks, talking about how it's such a grave marketing mistake and how it's so frustrating with the lack of statements about these things from CK. So when I see people's over-the-top complaints about a feature they were never promised, I feel that it's ok to give my opinion as well. If FAS, Boss, Line6 or whoever has something that is absolutely vital to your creation of music, then buy that product. But to buy something that you KNOW UPFRONT doesn't have that feature you need, and you choose to whine like a baby, that's not Kemper's fault, just poor decision-making on your part. :whistling:

• Wow you give yourself far too much credit. My feelings arent hurt in the least bit. I generally like to treat people with respect and hear them out. This is a feature request section no? As far as me clamoring about useless features......point me to where I have done that? You mean in this post where I completely agreed with the original poster that a librarian would be a great thing to have? And in another post about the top 3 things you wished the Kemper had in the next 3 months. Is that clamoring you are talking about? Ever think that someone may have a different work flow than yourself?

"Regarding foot controllers, absolutely there are adequate ones. In fact, I'm very satisfied for the time being with a generic MIDI controller. However, having an integrated footswitch with native features would be the best solution. " A little hypocritical is it not? Wouldnt a librarian be the best solution for rig management?

Ive made it clear that a librarian isnt a deal breaker for me. The bottom line is the tone of the machine. This one has "it". Some other features would be nice and yes a librarian would be one of those features. I see CK comment on feature requests occasionally and it makes me wonder why he hasnt commented on this request. I didnt start this thread and clealry Im not the only one who would love to have this feature. But Im not going to run out and sell my Kemper because it doesnt. So I really dont know what your point is. Do you argue in all of the other feature requests posts? Just because something may be useless to you, doesnt mean it will be useless for others. Have a great day! God Bless!!! Jeff :thumbup:

Ps. Did I say somewhere that it was a grave marketing error? Please point me to that post. I do not recall saying that. Im no marketing expert so I should have not said that if I did. So please direct me to that post so I can apologize.

• The original name calling was OLD TONE POSERS

WHOA WHOA!!! what on earth and WTF!!! That comment was not directed at anybody in particular - why the need to keep mentioning it... The way that dan has read it is COMPLETELY out of context. The KPA should cater for modern players aswell...That was my point! I hope this is the last time I have to explain this. Some people have issues that need addressing I suppose.. :huh:

• Are you going to just sit around and hope everything comes with pictures?

Now thats a REAL example of being abnoxious. It was also directed at someone (please take note zappledan! ;) ) Really no need for those words Blackbird. Its not contructive its just plain offensive.. :thumbdown:

• This is a feature request section no? As far as me clamoring about useless features......point me to where I have done that? You mean in this post where I completely agreed with the original poster that a librarian would be a great thing to have? And in another post about the top 3 things you wished the Kemper had in the next 3 months. Is that clamoring you are talking about? Ever think that someone may have a different work flow than yourself?

I with you there Jeff :thumbup:

• Now thats a REAL example of being abnoxious. It was also directed at someone (please take note zappledan! ;) ) Really no need for those words Blackbird. Its not contructive its just plain offensive.. :thumbdown:

No, actually it was a legitimate question. Everyone wants everything spoon-fed to them instead of taking the initiative to learn what they don't know. Taking all of that time to write angry posts about frivolous features like a PC editor, and bashing Kemper for not having it right away, is unnecessary. Take that same amount of time and devote it to making music or educating yourself on your computer knowledge shortcomings, is a much wiser investment. And I know people can get defensive like Jeff when their knowledge and work ethic are questioned, but this is life, you get out of it what you put into it. Not everything is going to be easy as drag-and-drop, and you can't always blame others for that inconvenience. Mercedes and BMW have a car that can parallel park all by itself. I wonder how many people are ranting on Honda, Toyota, and Ford message boards, angry because they haven't implemented this yet into all of their vehicles. You must realize that not every piece of gear is going to come with a Line6 editor, are you going to slander every company that chooses not to? If so, you have a bitter and angry life ahead of you.

Feature requests are great, reporting bugs and offering constructive criticism are paramount to progress. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Threatening and bashing Kemper because managing your rigs through USB is not easy enough, is the wrong way to do it. That is where all of my 'critical' posts have spawned from. You see, the consumer should know what a product offers before purchasing it. So to knowingly purchase something that lacks a feature you need, you accept responsibility for your own satisfaction, not the other way around.

You may be too sensitive to be on a fully grown male forum, I hope you can adjust. :D

• Yikes!, do we have to use our PC keyboard and Mouse, or Cellphone to do everything these days. :thumbdown:

Well, because most of the recording happens inside a PC and frankly it would be really nice if Kemper had a Line6 like application that I could use to edit right there so I'm not having to constantly reach around to adjust the Kemper's UI, which isn't all that great.

• There is a reason why every other multifx/modeler out there has a computer editor. To deny the utility and the need for a computer based modeler is to just be obstinate. That in know way diminishes the need for a good integrated foot controller. Each is needed.

• (sorry, i haven't followed all the previous posts; just posting to join the request) To me, it's so obvious that the rig management tool is one of the additions with the highest value and utility to KPA. (And I have no doubt it is so to many other KPA users.) It is because of the very nature of the KPA, which we like: it may have virtually 100+ amps, effect presets, cabs etc. For instance, it takes significant amount knob turning just to compare two different cabs. I am worried that some knobs are worn out quickly or break eventually. I know the tool will be coming with all that MIDI implementation publicized, but it would be really nice to see it done by Kemper Team! :rolleyes:

• I am worried that some knobs are worn out quickly or break eventually.

I have the same fear, but I'm not sure that a librarian will help that as much as a foot controller and the perform mode.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• and if it's just to help to get this thread back on topic: i also wouldn't mind some librarian. yeah!
    and pitch fx. and a looper. and that foot controller. and that poweramp. and a floor-version.
    give it to me, or i'll need to burn my money... 8o

• No, actually it was a legitimate question. Everyone wants everything spoon-fed to them instead of taking the initiative to learn what they don't know. Taking all of that time to write angry posts about frivolous features like a PC editor, and bashing Kemper for not having it right away, is unnecessary. Take that same amount of time and devote it to making music or educating yourself on your computer knowledge shortcomings, is a much wiser investment. And I know people can get defensive like Jeff when their knowledge and work ethic are questioned, but this is life, you get out of it what you put into it. Not everything is going to be easy as drag-and-drop, and you can't always blame others for that inconvenience. Mercedes and BMW have a car that can parallel park all by itself. I wonder how many people are ranting on Honda, Toyota, and Ford message boards, angry because they haven't implemented this yet into all of their vehicles. You must realize that not every piece of gear is going to come with a Line6 editor, are you going to slander every company that chooses not to? If so, you have a bitter and angry life ahead of you.

Feature requests are great, reporting bugs and offering constructive criticism are paramount to progress. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Threatening and bashing Kemper because managing your rigs through USB is not easy enough, is the wrong way to do it. That is where all of my 'critical' posts have spawned from. You see, the consumer should know what a product offers before purchasing it. So to knowingly purchase something that lacks a feature you need, you accept responsibility for your own satisfaction, not the other way around.

You may be too sensitive to be on a fully grown male forum, I hope you can adjust. :D

I wasnt defensive at all. Lol I even said Have a great day and God bless. Here is where my need for rig management lies. I use the Kemper in the studio. Most of the bands I have in here really like to use it. Some dont. The guitarist that do use it I have to save each one of their different tones that they adjust per guitar. So there may be 5-7 different tones per song. If they are doing a full album thats 50-85 profiles that I have to name by twisting knobs. And its something I have to try to do quickly on the fly while they are sitting here. But I have to name them very specifically so it makes sense to me. Then after the session I have to back up those files on the usb stick, then import them into my computer and save them in case any overdubs have to be done. Do you know how much time I would save if there was a simple interface that hooked up through usb to computer? A librarian makes sense for something as cutting edge as the Kemper. Especially when something as cheap as a Zoom G3 has one. That unit cost 199.00.

Who is threatening and bashing Kemper? Direct me to a post where I threatened or bashed Kemper. I have just read through every single one of my posts trying to find out where I have bashed Kemper or threatened them. It just doesnt exist. Who is slandering Kemper???? The only slander I see is in your posts. THIS IS A FEATURE REQUEST SECTION. People are requesting this feature. I just dont get what youre trying to do here. Please direct me to any post where I have said Im getting rid of the Kemper because it doesnt have a way to manage rigs quickly. I have emphatically said the exact opposite. The only thing I have said is I would like to hear where CK stands on this. He doesnt owe it to me. Would I like it sooner than later sure. But if it doesnt come, so what. Ill continue doing it the way Im doing it.

I would agree an editor is not necessary. The Kemper is super intuitive on the front panel. Im not talking about an editor. Im talking about rig management. For naming, saving, and moving profiles easily. When leaves fall in your yard, do you pick each one of them up by hand? Or do you use a tool like a rake or a leaf blower to get the job done efficiently and effectively? If CK doesnt want to make one, so be it lol. Ill carry on as Im doing now. But dont come on here and start fights with people because they are requesting a feature you personally dont want and accuse me of threatening or slandering the company. Thats just a lie. Ive always sang the praises of Kemper. I even had to send back a faulty unit.....yet I still LOVE Kemper! And by the way I was well aware the Kemper did not have any rig management. I also knew it was in beta. But even you should know that consumers have a right to voice their opinion. Especially when the company has a feature request section on their forum. :D

And finally as far as learning computer skills.....I dont feel like I have to learn computer code to play guitar. I have a beautiful wife, 6 children, and 2 businesses that are far more valuable to me than sitting in front of a computer trying to learn how to program software that I will never use. Someone (NOT EVEN ME) started a thread requesting a rig management tool. All I did was agree. It was a one word agreement......AMEN!!!!!!! Why you have a problem with that is beyond me.

ps. If you want to continue this debate just pm me and Ill send you my email. No need to do it on here anymore.

• And finally as far as learning computer skills.....I dont feel like I have to learn computer code to play guitar. I have a beautiful wife, 6 children, and 2 businesses that are far more valuable to me than sitting in front of a computer trying to learn how to program software that I will never use. Someone (NOT EVEN ME) started a thread requesting a rig management tool. All I did was agree. It was a one word agreement......AMEN!!!!!!! Why you have a problem with that is beyond me.

God bless mate! Wow 6 kids....one day I hope I will have a big family too! :) :) :)

• There is no debate, I did not even respond to you, I was addressing Mr. Lucky. And I never said anything about learning "computer code" lmao. It's just basic file management skills.

Thanks! :thumbup: