finally found a simple and satisfying (sort of) looper workflow with separate output and saved loops

• i have to admit i'm quite a fan of the built in looper it's just really cool to be able to control everything on the remote. but i just couldn't live with the baked together mixes i record when i jam and not being able to load back an older loopjam.

so i bought the new Ditto+ looper which is pretty cheap and i was addicted to the firt one way before i got the Kemper so it's easy to fall back into that routine and also it's pretty similar to the Kemper looper as well. It's now got presets you can transfer over USB.

So then i conncetd an ABY switch with one output to nothing and the other to the Ditto. Then i put an fx loop into the last slot of the FX of the Kemper and run the Send to the Splitter. The out of the Ditto goes to an input on my interface.

So now i have the out of the Ditto and the outs of the Kemper on separate channels. which is much cooler cause now i can pan and submix my loopnoodling.

The only one thing that is still a pain is that i have to mute the lloper channel when i'm recording on the DItto otherwise i have both channels running into the mixer at once, which is no huge deal but much louder. So when i record a loop i have to hit the splitter first, then the ditto, ditto again to stop recording, then Splitter again so you can hear the recorded loop ... yeah , not really ideal, becomes a tapdance when i'm overdubbing a lot. I've got the mute on a big touchscreen button on my phone or on a MIDI pedal with touchOSC which helps but still the fiddling around with the footswitches and remembering which order is what is annoying to say the least.

now if only Kemper would upgrade the looper with separate outs and saved loops through rig manager i could forgo all these shenanigans ;(

but at least i'm more happy with this situation than before cause having separate tracks recorded and a nice panned submix is more important to me at the moment than simplicity.

still working on this, maybe it'll become intutitive over time or

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

Edited 2 times, last by stickman ().