NEW FRFR on the way!

• Just ordered 2 brand new mackie HD1531's. They sounded absolutely mindblowing in stereo, just breathtaking for everything! Pretty stoked. I have heard about the reliability issues with them, however I have heard this has been corrected, and I got a free extended warranty just in case. All in all, I'm pretty stoked, and think FRFR is definitely the way to go with the KPA.

• Just checked the weight on those. Holy crap! I'd have to hire a mover every time I played!

Mackie says they're "Ultra-compact and lightweight" then you read the specs and they're 96 lbs (43.5 kg). Huh? ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• !!!! each of them weight like a 4x12! And you've buy 2 to play live? You almost don't need a PA......

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• !!!! each of them weight like a 4x12! And you've buy 2 to play live? You almost don't need a PA......

Ummm....2 of those can carry a full band in a 400 seat club at 100+ db. They ARE a PA! Add subs for a baddaazz system for the whole band.

and they ARE lightweight and compact compared to older designs of passive fullrange cabinets capable of equivalent SPLs. I use 2 SA1531z's as tops over 2 subs and they are very loud. Takes 2 guys to set them in place.

Might want get a portable folding 2 wheel dolly (or a back surgeon) or you'll never move theses on your own!

bd

• well, I am 6'3, 255 lbs, and a fireman, I think I'll be alright moving them :D But yes, they ARE heavy, I couldn't care less though, that kind of thing has never bothered me. Before my KPA rig, I was using a 2 head, 6 space rack that weighed probably 250 lbs atleast, and 2 4x12s! Needless to say, I am used to the weight. I bought 2 mostly because they sold me on the stereo, the effects sounded fabulous. However, I have never used stereo effects before, so that is probably some of it right there, I am quite the newb in that area :D I will probably only use 1 more than likely live, 2 will probably take up more room than I would like/the band would like, so one should suffice.