KPA had some kinda meltdown

• Hey all!

I am not sure how to explain what happened here and could likely be something i need to raise a support ticket for.

I played a gig Friday, and around 15-20 mins into our set my KPA started making some weird garbled sound instead of sounding like the amp it should have - it affected all amps in the performance.

I changed to an amp that was in another performance and it was fine again, when i went back to the original performance the garbled sound came back.

I'd taken some video of the stage on my Yi4k go pro type thing, and need to dig out the footage to see if i can get any sound off it but i wondered whether this had happened to anyone before?

I've not had a chance to look at the kpa since the gig, but in my other post a while back i laid out some of the history where I'd previously destroyed the output board and had it replaced, so am always a little suspicious of the KPA now being faulty as a result of my error!

Thanks

• Like that?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had that problem on boot up a couple of times, but it never switched to it in the middle of playing.

I talked with Kemper who suggested I send the Kemper to them but I couldn't part from it and a reboot always solved the problem.

Edited 2 times, last by Frikeer ().

• Hey thanks for getting back on this :) - yeah something similar i think happened to me, i figured a reboot might solve the issue, but given how long KPA takes to reload I didn't want to chance it mid-set and as it happened to be working ok on the clean amp i had in the performance 3 I figured moving out of the performance 4 and back in might fix it - that didn't work at the time unfortunately.

I've just managed to get back to it today to check the KPA, definitely feels like there's something strange happening, my performance patches (all of them) weren't playing the profiles in slots 2 or 4, of any of my performances but 1, 3 and 5 worked as expected.

Feels like I need to maybe look at a mem wipe and re-install software as it feels like a glitch in the matrix - what do you think? :)