[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• You can play all this with the RockRecordingPack(#58 ),PlexiPack (#35 ) and other packs - but I can't post such samples because of copyright law - the demo's can only show some sounds.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Armin,
    I just picked up the recording packs for the Fuchs and Pink Taco, and the 57 Deluxe original pack.

Great sounds and I really like the recording pack approach. Blending the mics is a nice touch and adds another level of virtual EQing for the profiles.

Also like that individual amp packs are available which is a recent purchasing change you made.

Love the sounds, keep up the great work.

Sean

• another metal pack from Armin, guess what, I'm all over it, hope you like my recording :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…75683/Music/sotfarmin.mp3

This pack has some pretty nice gems, that work best after recorded and EQ'd/compressed (i'm no genius at that but I liked the end result)
    As a matter of fact, there are some profiles here that I think will work great with the other Metal recording Pack (I shall tinker with that eheh)

Profiles used:

RP RECT M T1 P
    RP RECT M T1 MC

• Cool how the KPA can capture even the difference of the 12AX7 and EF86 preamp tubes.

Frist two parts = 12AX7
    third and fourth part = EF86

12AX7 vs EF86

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Pack#59 coming soon ....

Handwired tube amp
    two 6V6 power tubes
    Channel 1 = 12AX7 pre amp tubes
    Channel 2 = EF86 pre amp tubes

Profiled via a Kammler Turnator spaaker cabinet loaded with a Celestion Alnico Gold speaker.

Two sets of profiles:
    a) Royer R121 microphone (warm sound)
    b) Rode NT microphone (bright sound)

22 RAW profiles + 5 special 'Soundside Mods'.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• The lastest Pack (#59) is up!

Here some pictures of the used rig

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/BCat1.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/tmp/BCat2.jpg]

Enjoy - some of the best profiles for rhythm guitar - and soft gain lead.
    (not so much for metal)

Edited 2 times, last by Armin ().

• Some more info's about the hand-wired Cat:

Both channels can be used for clean and distorted sounds - but both channels sound very different - they use a different type of tubes:
    The first channel is the 12AX7 (Triode) channel.
    The second the EF86 (Pentode) channel.

And the controls are different too:
    First channel Bass + Treble + Cut
    Second channel: Tone (5 step switch)

We profiled both channels at different drive settings (from clean to full blast) and some tone and cut settings.

Two mic's were used - but only one at a time for this amp - these gives us two different tone colors.

A great sounding amp!

• Why not - when I ever get one here.

After creating 59 profile packs it get's more and more difficult to find amps which sound different from the ones profiled already.

The BadCat was unique because of the EF86 preamp tubes.

There are so many very similar sounding amps on the marked - and of course also a lot of bad sounding ones ..

My british reference amps are currently the Bogner Goldfinger and the Friedman Pink Taco.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• 50000 reads - Did not expect it when I started selling profiles - thank you all for the great support!