KPA and Ground Control Pro: I AM LOST!!!

• WARNING: COMPLETE MIDI NOOB HERE!, I REPEAT, COMPLETE MIDIOT!

Okay, long story short, just got my GCP, and I have never in my life used a MIDI rig before, or programmed MIDI. I did the factory reset on the GCP ( it was used), and would like to use to the 10 patch per bank method. Basically, I want the first row all my clean sounds, 2nd, all my rhythms, and 3rd, all my leads. For me, this will be easier I believe.

I have it set on the 10 patch setting ( I DID read the manual :D) And want to start programming now. So basically, i am in bank "00", and on patch 01, for instance, I want to program one of my favorite cleans, the Rivera M-100 model. So I scroll over to it, and now I have to assign it a program change number. I assign it number one, then go to global settings, and select channel 1. Is this correct? Well, when I step on 01, nothing happens, and on top of that, The rig BEFORE the rivera m100 is selected as MIDI program 01, WHAT THE HELL? I read something about how I have to change something to -1 or something like that? i have no idea what I am doing here! :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

If someone could give me a general walk through, of what I do up to this point, that would be EXTREMELY helpful. I will be starting with the first bank, bank "00", 12 sounds should be just fine for me right now. Please and thank you!

Chris

• GCP has PC=0 on bank 0 patch 1, KPA has PC=1. Somewhere on the GCP you can change that behavior. I don't have one, but somebody already went through the same stuff and solved it. I'm sure they'll chime in.
    Be patient!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Got it all figured out! How cool is this! haha, as you can see. ive never programmed using MIDI before, so this is extremely cool to me, all my sounds at my foot, bliss!

I remember the first time I programmed my JMP-1 rack and TC G-Major with the GCP...first time bliss!

Congratulations, and welcome to the wonderful world of MIDI!

• Got it all figured out! How cool is this! haha, as you can see. ive never programmed using MIDI before, so this is extremely cool to me, all my sounds at my foot, bliss!

Hi, Can you tell us what you did to correct the problem? I'm considering picking up a GCP while waiting for the kemper footswitch to come out. (I guessing it's going to take a while), Did you find it easy to program?

• honestly it was extremely easy, with alittle patience. All I did was, basically, LEARN how to use MIDI! :P :D :D :D I DID have the KPA manual and GCP manual open at the same time, and it took me alittle bit to put everything together seeing as how I have never done this before. Basically, I did a factory reset on my GCP ( it was used), then, set it up so that there were 10 patches per bank (no Instant access switching needed for me, it works better for me having 10 patches per bank). If you are unfamiliar with IA, that means being able to "turn on" and "turn off" teh stomp boxes you have loaded in your rig (boost, chorus, delay , reverb, whatever you have assigned to the rig you are using).

From there, I went to bank 1, patch 1, and started going to town. Went to the KPA, went to one of my favorite clean patches (rivera m100), hit the "system" button, went to global MIDI, and assigned the Rivera M100 to CC 1. then, on bank 1 patch 1 (which would be 01), i hit edit on the GCP and renamed it "rivera clean" for my use. It really is that easy, and for what I'm doing it is perfect. The GCP manual spells out everything rather easily, it really is a nice reliable easy to use pedal. Took me all of 5 minutes to get comfortable with it, honestly.