Setup for making videos with the Kemper

• Hi all,

I am planning to venture into making videos for youtube. Therefore I want to ask you how I can best use the Kemper for that purpose? What gear is need for having great sound quality, and how do I do connect everything?

I would need to somehow get the sound of the kemper into the video along with a microphone, so that I can speak in the video as well. I definitely think I need a better interface with more inputs.

Thanks in advance!

All the best, Esben

• Any camera that does 4k at 30fps will work. My cell phone does that. Then you need a really good mic for speech. I use Video Pad Editor for the movies. It has a whole bunch of effect filters built in. And then a youtube account, of course.

You will need an interface and DAW program for the Kemper. Studio Monitors and/or Studio Headphones to mix the soundtrack for the video.

Another option is to get a $$$ Sony Handycam with pro mic boom, $$$ video lighting kits, and a regular cab with a second video mic to record the Kemper without an interface through the camera.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That looks awesome! Can I use that instead of a mixer?

Yes, you can mix any audio source and any audio application in Windows. It's a bit difficult to configure, but you can find some good tutorials.

I use it to play music with friends in discord. I can send a vocal mic, YouTube backing track, and my guitar with Kemper or THU, neural plugins...

• Yes, you can mix any audio source and any audio application in Windows. It's a bit difficult to configure, but you can find some good tutorials.

I use it to play music with friends in discord. I can send a vocal mic, YouTube backing track, and my guitar with Kemper or THU, neural plugins...

This sounds great! I will check it out for sure :) Thanks again!

• Thank you so much for the info! I definitely have something to go after now. I think that I will begin using my phone which has a quality that is good enough to begin with. Thanks again!