Did I miss something about the studio EQ treble frequency ?

• I don't quite understand what you mean by "it starts at 20.6 but sounds more of a 6khz" but for the hell of it I just reamped some pink noise via SPDIFs through KPA with a rig that had only the Studio EQ on and monitored that with a spectrum analyzer on in my DAW.

Atleast to me the High Gain and High Freq on Studio EQ seem to affect the whole range of it's frequencies starting from that 20.6 Hz. Interesting thing was that at the highest EQ setting (33.4 kHz) and highest gain reduction (-18 dB) it still affects frequencies well below 6 kHz. So the high shelving EQ seems to have a really low Q. But I guess that's by design.

I'm no EQ expert so I'm pushing the boundaries of my intellect here - and probably gone past them. I have not used the Studio EQ on KPA before this. If I would be using it for manipulating high frequencies would a lower (Edit: meant ofcourse higher) Q on the high shelving be nicer? I don't know, perhaps.

Edited 2 times, last by TMV ().

• If I set the frequency to the minimum (20,6hz) and start to boost I get a boost around 6 khz..the range of my frequency pot is from 6khz and up..
    The low band starts also at 20,6hz and works fine..but no way to get a boost (or cut) in the lows or mids with the high band..so I may have a bug if yours works fine

• I did some further EQ:ing with the reamped pink noise and to me both the low and high EQ:s on Studio EQ seem to work OK as shelving EQ:s. Ofcourse you then have on pages 2/4 and 3/4 two peak/notch EQ:s for mids with variable Q:s. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

• I did some further EQ:ing with the reamped pink noise and to me both the low and high EQ:s on Studio EQ seem to work OK as shelving EQ:s. Ofcourse you then have on pages 2/4 and 3/4 two peak/notch EQ:s for mids with variable Q:s. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

It's not that I was looking for something in particular..it's just that something is wrong there..I'll try a reset..and even if it doesn't work I can live with this for now ;)

thx

• If I set the frequency to the minimum (20,6hz) and start to boost I get a boost around 6 khz..the range of my frequency pot is from 6khz and up..
    The low band starts also at 20,6hz and works fine..but no way to get a boost (or cut) in the lows or mids with the high band..so I may have a bug if yours works fine

What do you expect from using a highshelf set to 20 Hz ??
    It will boost the complete audible frequency range.

What do you mean by "my frequency pot is from 6 kHz and up"?

• What do you expect from using a highshelf set to 20 Hz ??
    It will boost the complete audible frequency range.

What do you mean by "my frequency pot is from 6 kHz and up"?

Yeah sorry..it's my mistake..I was expecting it to work as a semi parametric..but that didn't make sense ..then I saw it was highshelf ..not enough sleep :D