Chordal Harmonizer - THE CHORDALIZER

• Hi folks,

in two weeks our band has to play Hotel California. Problem is: I am the only guitarplayer in the band. With the inteIligent Pitch shifter from my TC G-Force i could figure out how to play 95% of the double guitar action in the verses. BUT: I can´t use the G-Force in the famous outro. Reason: The intervalls in each bar are within a chord, not a melody. First intervall is a major 3rd, the second on a minor 3rd and the third intervall is a fourth. And this fourth gives me head aches. If i had enough time, i could switch between B-äolian and B-pent. scale. But there is no time ti switch between two 16th notes. My Idea is the following: What if CK would create a CHORDAL HARMONIZER - let´s call it the CHORDALIZER - and put it in the next update :thumbup: . It could work like this: You define a chord (maybe C-Major) and the chordalizer plays the next higher/lower note from that chord.

You play C, Chordalizer plays E, major 3rd
    You play E, Chordalizer plays G, minor 3rd
    You play G, Chordalizer plays C, perf. 4th

So we only had to switch one time per bar (still thinking about Hotel California). What Do You Think?

GREETINGS

• Interesting idea. I'm thinking that you would have to provide a key (A maj, A min, etc.) and specify what type harmony you want (third above, third below, etc.).

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Interesting idea. I'm thinking that you would have to provide a key (A maj, A min, etc.) and specify what type harmony you want (third above, third below, etc.).

Hi Zappledan,

now that is a quick reply :thumbup:

Wouldn´t that give me the same problem??? See, i can already provide the key and intervall (up and below) in the G-Force. But i´m thinking of being able to strictly say C (c-e-g) and nothing else.
    Or maybe this: Chordalizer, play the next chordal note if a "c", "e" or "g" is coming in, if something else is detected: play (for example) the 3rd up.

GREETINGS

• Hmm, I've never seen such a harmonizer, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful or fun. However, when I think about what would work for me, I'm thinking you need to stay within a key. Maybe if you always want one of three notes as harmony (e.g. your C - E - G) you could do that with a rule that the harmonizing note had to be a minimum of a minor third above the base note. So, when you play a D you would get the G above for harmony, not the E ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Just take a looper and play along with the original line. Your drummer has to play with click track then. Our your keyboarder plays the second voice.

Wouldn´t it be nice to have everything within the kemper :love: . Looper if it´s in the kemper, being able to tap the tempo.....maybe. But I guess our keyboardress has to play the other line, indeed.

By the way, if CK reads this: The Chordalizer could be another USP ^^ . Nobody else has one (maybe for a good reason... ;) )

• Remember that you would need chord data from another source to tell the intelligent harmonizer what intervals to use since you will be playing lead. There are several vocal harmonizers that do this. I use a voicebox and intelligent vocal harmonizer. If both are on, my voicebox signal through my vocal mic gets harmonized. SinceI I am not feeding it chords, it doesn't shift intervals. If my other guitarist fed his signal to my harmonizer, it would follow the chords.

bd