• I was planning on buying this when I heard it came out but after a couple of demo listen thorough's, I didn't bite. I have a ton of profiles already that I felt sounded much better. I was disappointed to say the least.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

• It’s the same 3 or 4 amps over and over with different gain stages. Supposedly they also support different pickup types but not sure that matters.

The Butterslax sounds a little muddy compared to the GGD profile. JCM is possibly a bit too bright. The mixed profiles of the 3 amps are okay but not worth the STL price tag at all.

• STL are VERY overpriced. Bought 3 packs from them (in a sale) a while back, mostly unusable - there were about 3 profiles in one of the packs that were OK, but still not as good as other (much cheaper!) profiles I have. The Chris Krummet pack (which I've seen numerous recommendations for here and elsewhere) was the worst!!

Choptones are another very overpriced company - however I have got some great sounds (using their DI packs with 3rd party IRs) so at least I feel I've got something for my money!

But then compare to e.g. Guidorist - about £5 a pack, and some of the best sounding profiles I own - also mostly merged, which always expands the potential of any profile. Value and Quality is possible!

• But then compare to e.g. Guidorist - about £5 a pack, and some of the best sounding profiles I own - also mostly merged, which always expands the potential of any profile. Value and Quality is possible!

I really like Guidorist's stuff. Consistently good, usable sounds and comparatively cheap.

Especially if you hold out for his 2 for 1 deals. He doesn't run them as often these days. When they happen? A no brainer at regular price becomes criminally inexpensive.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche