Still not there!

• If I was to use an analogy of what it is like to go from a tube amp to a modeling amp/profiler then the best I can do is say that a tube amp is like a muscle car. You get the performance but you also feel the shake, shimmy, and rumble of all that horsepower around you. The feedback of sensations is enormous. Modeling is like driving a electric sports cars. It will get you from 0-60mph in 2 seconds and nail you to the seat with instant horsepower but you loose all that rumbling feel. It's a smooth ride and it's sort of icky in a way we are not used to. So you basically retrain yourself how to respond to the new driving experience.

So, I totally get why modeling is not for everyone.

Having just bought a Tesla, this is a very good analogy....I don't miss the rumble....in fact when we came up behind a BMW M3 my daughter said "Why is that car making all that noise?".

• Sorry, late to the party here but this is how I felt moving from my HT100 to a ID60TVP. It wasn't what I was used to. I've now moved to Kemper and I feel it sounds better. I'm annoyed that I now have gear to sell again but the Kemper can create a tone you'll be happy with.

• Update and final outcome.

I ended up trading the Kemper for a Mesa Boogie TC50 head.

Very happy 3 channels and it can use 3 different tubes, EL34, 6l6GC and 6V6.

Currently have 6v6 in it, wow sounds great so far.

I must be a muscle car guy, that needs the roar of a V8.

Thanks for everyones help, a long the way.

Maybe back one day.

Cheers.