How can i connect the kemper to logic via scarlett solo and then playback via monitors!?

• Hi All,

I am once again seeking help as i am still pretty useless with the whole technology/ connecting / recording part of guitar !

I was wondering if someone could recommend how i could set up and connect the following so that i can record into Logic Pro X and listen to the guitar sound / track while i record via the ILoud Speakers and then also listen to the track playback afterwards via the monitors, so i wouldn't have to use the headphones if i didn't want to ? I only need to record in Mono to btw.

My current set up is a:-

Unpowered Kemper Toaster

Apple Mac Laptop

Logic Pro X

Scarlett Focusrite Solo

Iloud Micro Monitor Speakers

For Cables I have:-

2 x TS Guitar Cables

1 x 3.5mm 1/8 inch TRS Male to Dual 6.35mm 1/4 inch TS Male Mono Stereo Y-Cable Splitter (I currently use this to connect the kemper main output left and right into the iloud monitors. this let's me hear the kemper through the monitors.

Do i need new cables, or can it be done with what i have ? Or do i need to toggle some settings on the kemper/ logic!? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

• If the Scarlett is set as default audio interface on your Mac, then connect the Monitors to the outputs of the Scarlett and it should work (could be that you need to have Logic running with the guitar track armed, though).

If you want to play also without having the Mac/Logic running, then the best is to have a small mixer between Kemper and Scarlett and connect the scarlett to the rec out/rec in of the mixer (there are some cheap ones for 60 bucks).

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better