Performance mode, is it mandatory?

• I wonder if the performance mode is mandatory. all good midi controlers have song mode which IMO is the same thing.

So i would like to see this knob's position used for something else.(and the code saved for something else)
    I don't care about the performance mode.... :whistling:

Edited once, last by mba ().

• I don't think so. I will use it. And look at the Kemper Midi Board. You will get rich Control und you can see it on both displays.
    That's nice. No other midi board will have such support.

• Has anyone seen a description of what Performance Mode will do? To me, it's in a murky area that includes the ability to organize your rigs. ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• OK, well I've not had such a controller before, so is song mode the ability to sequence the songs in your set, so that you can easily step from one to the next?

• Ya that makes sense, then Performance might only be available when the release the foot controller.. :)

That is my expectation. I presume that CK has been polling the community about the foot controller now because he needs a final design to complete performance mode.

• I think I heard that he was adding a backing tracks player with time stamping. Within your backing tracks, you can set the specific point in time where an automatic patch change takes effect. I'm planning on recording my vocal part and guitar part into it with a clean signal only, hiring a few a guys to set my stuff up at the gig and press PLAY. The Kemper modifies the sound on the fly. This way, I don't even have to show up, I just pocket the $500 for the gig, pay the roadies $75 and I'm good to go down to the Bahamas with a boat drink and retire.

• I think I heard that he was adding a backing tracks player with time stamping. Within your backing tracks, you can set the specific point in time where an automatic patch change takes effect. I'm planning on recording my vocal part and guitar part into it with a clean signal only, hiring a few a guys to set my stuff up at the gig and press PLAY. The Kemper modifies the sound on the fly. This way, I don't even have to show up, I just pocket the $500 for the gig, pay the roadies $75 and I'm good to go down to the Bahamas with a boat drink and retire.

8)

• i am looking quite forward to the performance mode

i guess that would also be a good way of comparing rigs in a fast way...(eg: browse through profiles, with each one that sounds good on a first listen press "add to perform", than switch to perform mode and only switch between those selected rigs until you find the one best suited...right now that is a bit of a pain in the ass, even with snapshots and the like)