What About Acoustic Amps With The KPA?

• Are there any in the included 200 profiles? Have you profiled your acoustic amps? I'm not talking about piezo, I'm talking about an acoustic guitar with onboard pickup. Is it possible to mic an acoustic guitar with the KPA?

• You can profile any amp, but you can't profile a guitar ...

That said, there are a number of "acoustic" profiles on the exchange that have a decent sound. IMO any of these are poor substitutes for a real acoustic sound, and if you have an FRFR type system, then going straight through it with an acoustic guitar would probably yield the best results. Again, everyone's ears are different ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For acoustic guitar I like a full range amp/cab with a compressor, parametric eq and reverb. I am tempted to try using just the effects in the Kemper by disabling the amp and cab.

• You can profile any amp, but you can't profile a guitar ...

That said, there are a number of "acoustic" profiles on the exchange that have a decent sound. IMO any of these are poor substitutes for a real acoustic sound, and if you have an FRFR type system, then going straight through it with an acoustic guitar would probably yield the best results. Again, everyone's ears are different ...

I understand that the KPA will not profile the guitar. But, if you profile an acoustic amp like an AER, Genz Benz, Fishman Loudbox etc, and you played an acoustic guitar through one of those models in the KPA, wouldn't it sound like an acoustic guitar? If it doesn't, I guess I've got the wrong idea about this profiling/modeling thing. If you play through clean profile of a Fender Princeton Reverb with a strat, doesn't it sound like a strat? If you play a tele or LP, doesn't it sound like a tele or LP? I'm looking for pure acoustic tone. I use a BBE Acoustimax to EQ into a SR Jam 150 Plus acoustic amp. I can also go from the BBE into a PA for great acoustic tone. I was hoping to get the same results with the KPA.

• I understand that the KPA will not profile the guitar. But, if you profile an acoustic amp like an AER, Genz Benz, Fishman Loudbox etc, and you played an acoustic guitar through one of those models in the KPA, wouldn't it sound like an acoustic guitar? If it doesn't, I guess I've got the wrong idea about this profiling/modeling thing. If you play through clean profile of a Fender Princeton Reverb with a strat, doesn't it sound like a strat? If you play a tele or LP, doesn't it sound like a tele or LP? I'm looking for pure acoustic tone. I use a BBE Acoustimax to EQ into a SR Jam 150 Plus acoustic amp. I can also go from the BBE into a PA for great acoustic tone. I was hoping to get the same results with the KPA.

As Keno mentioned above, you can turn off the cab sim and use just the preamp and effects, which should work well for acoustic. I have to say that I've not tried this, however, so let us know how it goes.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Search for DP Piezo in the rig exchange. I've uploaded (long ago) Rigs made with Schertler, AER and Fishmann

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff