DI profile ohne cab

• I would like to have a DI mode where all the profiling datas will be stored into an amp bloc.(no cab button activated)

I tried by using the loop to send the modular preamp of my randall into the KPA in order to test the cabs of the KPA.
    KPA's cabs worked really fine. I could almost say that the worst KPA's cabs are as good as the best cabs of my Axe Ultra. It's a good surprise.

So the RM50 into the KPA gives good result.(i'm using the send effects loop, i have to test the slave output)
    I tried to profile the plexi module of my Randall into the KPA...and it worked fine.
    The comparaison was spot on.
    Then i tried to add a cab by hoping to get the sound of my first test with the plexi module into the loop of the KPA with a KPA cab.
    And it failed because when you swap the cab the KPA try to remove a cab to the profile before adding a new one.
    It sounded bad.

That's why i would like to be able to have a DI mode profile where all the datas would be stored into the amp bloc, there will be no cab in this mode.

I used to modde the modules of my randall and i can get many different flavors from the same module.
    Some are interesting just for one position/sound.
    It would be great if i could save an image of these flavors in to the KPA and use it with the cabs later.
    Actually it's not doable.
    By hoping i can do it one day. ?(

• But it is surely doable.
    We know that the KPA can store cabs into separate datas.
    That was not the case at the beginning.
    So you can have profiles and cabs separatly.
    Now when you want to add a cab, the KPA remove something on the profile to add the new cab because it considers that there is already a cab. In fact the KPA modify the profile before adding a new cab which comes from separate datas.

There should be a new option available with a soft knob on the top of the screen which would be the "DI" option.
    When checked the KPA would remove nothing to the profile when adding a cab.
    I'm sure it's doable. :D

• 8o
    Nice, this one should be very simple. I'm sure it's already doable.(this news make my day)
    By the way i spend a lot of time by tweaking and capturing IRs with the Axe.
    I know for sure that Redwirez are not top notch IRs, you can have something better and i'm impressed by the results that you've got with your system.
    Kemper's cabs are really good. Very Hairy and realistic....a lot of different flavors.
    Your system works really fine. Don't break it...it's great like that.(or ask us before)

• By co-incidence I was thinking today why do all the profiles include the amp and the cab? Why don't we simply profile the amp through a DI box (like Palmer) and profile the cab separately through a hi-fi amplifier (like Tills cabs). You only need a good studio and expensive mics/preamps to capture the cab, which we could let someone else do. We would be able to capture the amps separately at home using a DI box. However, looking through other threads on this forum there appears to be a big problem with this approach, depending how picky you are about the authenticity of the sound. The amp and cab react with each other in a way that affects the sound. I am not sure how this happens, but suffice to say that both the amp and the cab will each sound and react differently if connected to something else. So profiling them separately and then putting the two profiles together will give a different sound and feeling to a single amp-cab profile made using both.

Anyone else able to give a more technical explanation? (edit : of real world amp-cab interaction)
    Is this an unsolvable problem?

• The technical side is a trade secret, but I don't see this as a problem, more like an inherent feature of the approach adopted.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff