Tip #10: Save Money ..

• ... buy a KPA!

Since I bought the KPA did I NOT got any other TubeAmp, Modeller not even a new guitar - the Kemper has this much options!
    In addition did I got rid of all my other digital modelers (AxeFx II, Line6 HD500, H&K Zentera, Torpedo VB101).

The end of GAS?

Maybe.

(All I want is a footcontroller :D )

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Well, if you're lucky enough to already have a great FRFR system or a good PA and cab when you get your KPA, then yes, the GAS (for amps and cabs) is most likely over.
    I'm still using my old hi-fi system with the KPA, so I still need to spend another ~1000EUR on FRFR to really understand and appriciate what it has to offer. I did actually order an RCF ART321A in the end, but when, after 2 days the company told me that they forgot to send it to me, I got angry and canceled it, and right after that just decided to wait a little more and possibly find another place to order from.
    Long story short, considering the prices and everything, a really great sounding KPA setup - in my opinion - is not cheaper at all than a quality tube amp setup, actually it might even cost a little more if you are going for a similar feel with FRFR than you'd go for with a tube amp/cab.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• is not cheaper at all than a quality tube amp setup, actually it might even cost a little more

...if you compare it with a single tube amp....if you compare it to the 300+ that are available, not. :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ....Your tips are confusing.. one of your last tips was to "go play through a tube amp".. now you say to sell them.

I don't recommend to sell tube amps - I still own all the tube amps I owned before I bought the KPA - but I sold all modeling stuff.

And I don't say 'go buy tube amps' - but it's important to play one form time to time.
    There are a lot of guitar players using modeling gear since day 1 and it's a great experience to play via a loud nice tube amp next to you.
    In the end are we all after this sound - we all try to model or profile great tube amps.

The difference between other modelers I used and the KPA is:
    After spending hour and hour tweaking I thought - great tone - the next day when I compared to my tube amps I did not like the sound of the other modelers.

The KPA sounds CAN sound like a great tube amp next to you - and that is the sound I love - and for this do I need special profiles and large speakers vs. profiles sounding like miked amps - which is also fine when you are after this.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Yes, I agree if anybody has no gear at all and needs all this:
    the KPA
    Stereo amp
    two speakers (or two active speakers)
    controller

than this a lot of money - and a lot to carry around.

The same is true if someone needs only ONE sound (Fender, Marshall, Boogie, Vox whatever) why not buying the real thing and done.

For recordings, bedroom use or in case someone likes to try MANY amps and effects - the KPA is killer.

In may case it was a bargain since I was able to sell so much other (digital) gear which I no longer need and have now all in one box.

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Never and end to gas, though it lessons or changes.
    Since the axe-fx, I don't even look at pedals anymore. I also don't buy any more tube amps and have sold almost all of them.
    I still look at modellers though, axe2 and kemper in the house, still got a G5 to mess with. Just another tool in the toolbox.
    Sold 2 and bought 2 guitars in the last month.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44