Need the perfect Audio Interface for me

• Heho,

short sory. Here the spects I need:

Midi In/Out, SPDIF IN/Out (for reamping), Instrument Input, USB oder PCI Express for WIN7 64 bit
    Used for 180€ or a new one.

What do you think about Roland UA 55 or M Audio Audiophile 192.

Thank you

Music Man JP 6-String/Piezo Pearl Redburst, Kemper Stage, Kemper Power Kabinet

Edited once, last by knock88 ().

• I am a cheapskate I freely and readily admit. I picked up a used E-MU 0404 USB for € 80 recently. All your specs are met except maybe W7 driver support.

It has W7 64-bit Beta Drivers available I saw on the website.

This is my second one. They both function well. Im still on XP. Reliability and quality of recordings are fine. Just my $ 0.02 ;-).

Good luck hunting for an interface !

• And do you test reamping.

As far as I know, every spdif connector has the same quality. But SPDIF coaxial,digital,optical are very different...

• Okay, I will test the M Audio Fast Track Pro and the M Audio C400. Hope one of them do it right.

• I'm using two interfaces under W7 64-Bit: M Audio Fast Track Pro and Focusrite Saffire 6 USB. Both run great under 64-Bit W7, the M-Audio supports SPDIF but the FocusRite Saffire has the better PreAmps for Microphone-recordings (but no SPDIF).

Good luck ... Evo

• I'm currently using the Kemper with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 using SPDIF with a Windows 7 64 bit PC. No problems. I was previously using a M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card and no problems with that either. Same PC, same OS. I bought the Focusrite because I was having continuing problems with the adapter cards used to adapt the PCI male of the Delta with the PCIe slot on the motherboard of my PC.

• Im using C600 with Win 7 64bit ...

How's it working with the Kemper? Have you tried the s/pdif yet? Also curious to whether you managed to get those transport buttons mapped to any other DAW instead of ProTools...

• How's it working with the Kemper? Have you tried the s/pdif yet? Also curious to whether you managed to get those transport buttons mapped to any other DAW instead of ProTools...

Its working perfectly with Kemper ! And it sounds awesome... I do not have any S/pdif cable, I merely hook up my kemper into the real 1& 2 input of my C600 and output to a pair of monitors.. Im currently using protools, but i hv not tried mapping the transport button. I find it more convenient to operate via keyboard and mouse instead.