Potential New User - Profiling Sansamp Boxes and Other Questions

• Hi there,

Very close to pulling the trigger on one of these boxes. I use Sansamp Classic and Character series pedals as they are analogue and IMHO sound a lot warmer than the POD, Tonelab, Digitech, Zoom G3 etc. However I would like a Kemper to replace these units and also to replace all the mess of stompboxes I have. I have an extremely cluttered music area and I really would like a box that has everything in it without compromising sound.

My questions are:

1 - Even though I am sure the Kemper profiles sound much better can the Kemper 'profile' the Sansamp character and Classic pedals? They only have guitar in and guitar out jacks like a normal stompbox. I would like to profile them in case I want to go back to my old sounds at any time.

2 - Can the Kemper replace standard delay and reverb pedals such as the Boss DD20 etc?

3 - Can the Kemper replace my Rat and Big Muff pedals (i.e. are the 'stomps' better than the lacklustre Line 6 and boss type 'emulations')

Many thanks guys
    Mark :)

• Yes you can profile the sansamp pedals,i have the U.S steel one and it works fine,or you could just use the pedals in front of the Kemper.to be honest though the Kemper really sounds a hell of a lot better than the pedals and probably you wont want to use them.i dont know about the other stomps you mention,some pedals dont profile well,but they should be ok in front as long as you keep the gain down on the profile you are using.The big muff stomp in the Kemper seems pretty good to me but i never owned one so am no expert.the reverb and delay is excellent and should be all you need.

• I have had no trouble profiling my SansAmp Classic. The only tip I have is to run the SansAmp on battery (rather than a 9V adapter) to cut down on the line noise.