Feedback issue with my Powerhead

• Hello,

I need your help because i've got a big issue with my Kemepr Powerhead yesterday during a gig.

During the beginning of the soundchek, everything was ok.

This is my configuration : my kemper is connected to a 2x12 DvMark Gold cabinet with the speaker output (output level : -20db) and also connected to the mix table with one of the main output

I play with a HH configuration on my main guitar.

At some point during the soundcheck, a huge feedback start to come out of my cabinet with all my distortion profiles.

At this moment, i have not turned up the volume of the main output yet

I searched unsuccessfully for the origin of the problem : checking the output settings, testing with another HH guitar...

The only solution for the gig was to switch to a spare guitare with SSS configuration (Strat American Deluxe).

On the moment, i thought of an issue with an electric ground connection, but the problem persists at home.

Can you help me ?

Have a nice day

Antonino from Dijon, France.

• The fact that it stopped when you used another guitar (the SSS one) makes me wonder if the HH loaded guitars have microphonic pickups and you only ran into this issue when you played at volume. Of course I'm just guessing but the combination of an SSS guitar (likely less output) with less microphonic pickups as opposed to the HH guitars (likely more output) with more microphonic pickups might explain it.

Hook up your guitars one by one, turn up the volume to something similar like you had on stage and instead of playing, mute the strings and just knock with your knuckles on the body / pickups of your guitars. Any significant difference?