Tip #24: Get Amps for profiling

• So, now you have a profiling amp - but nothing to profile? :D

I can encourage every KPA owner to profile some tube amps for themselves - it' fun and you learn a lot.

What will you need:
    a) KPA
    b) Some cables
    c) A Microphone (e.g. SM57 - is easy to use and needs not external preamp)
    d) A great amp

Yes, where to get these amp(s):
    a) If you own one or more great tube amps - that's best - you have plenty of time to learn to find the best mic position, amp settings, ... and can profile the amp with all available options (that's what I am after - I like to CAPTURE the amp in my KPA - not only some sounds of the amp)

b) Ask some friends and make a profiling session together - they may have the amp(s) - you have the KPA - and most guitar players like to learn about the KPA as well

c) Buy an amp - profile - send back
    !!! That's not a fine way to get profiles - and if the shop finds it out later - they can ask for compensation because you actual USE the amp

But you can buy an amp used at ebay - profile - and sell the amp - most likely will you not make a lot of lost.

d) Rent the amp - some shops rent amps - so you can pay a few bucks and profile the amp you like

e) Go to a recording studio - profile all the amp they have (and you like) with high quality gear.

And more ideas?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de