Search: Live-Backup Solutions Amp and Switch - Your experiences?

• Hi everyone,

I don't know what I have to search for. So if this topic is already discussed, please throw me into the right direction.

Currently I'm using the Profiler Powerhead into a 4x12 cab (and sometimes main out into mixer, but that is not always the case).

I never ran into any problems, but now that I thought of it, I'm sure Murphys Law will kick in very soon... :/

As always: As cheap and good as possible please;) (maybe below 700€ for everything).

I'm looking for recommendations for a pedal sized backup amp (something like a JCM 800 tone with extra gain reserves would be nice) and a pedal to switch between the the profiler and the backup.

Is anyone running already running a system like this? (Blackstar amped, bluguitar amp 1,

I think the signal chain would look like this (but please give me some tips if you have an easier solution):

Guitar -> Tuner -> Kemper 2way switch -> Profiler -> Switch -> Cab

.................................->Signal Splitter .....................Backup -> Switch -^

Or is it getting too complex and I should just put the backup amp behind the powerhead and switch manually in case everything is going down?

• I think if it's a backup it should be completely independent of the Kemper. You'll need to swap some cables imo, but that's not unexpected with an inexpensive option.

I thought it is indepentent from the profiler if I split the Input signal before the input section of the profiler and put a switch behind the profilers output. Am I missing something?

• To be honest, I can't follow your description above - it looks like the splitter is part of the Kemper.

Oh alright.

I think of splitting the signal right after the pedal-tuner and befor the input of the profiler. For example the Mooer Audio Micro ABY MK 2. It can send one signals into two outputs.

One output goes to the profiler, one into the backup amp.

The outputs of the profiler and the backup amp would go into another ABY-pedal (which I'm searching right now) and into the cabinet.

So if the main system (the profiler) goes down, i just have to push the ABY switch and can change to the backup amp which running all the time (but the signal is not in the chain until I push a button).