Kemper Amp Hiss

• Hello, I recently acquired a used kemper powered rack. I have been trying to diagnose if the amp hiss I am experience is normal or excessive?

Here is the link to the audio file: Amp Hiss

0 Noise Gates , 0 gain, Mesa Lonestar Clean Channel 1 profile. My Clean Tone.

First play through is single coils, second is noiseless. The noise you hear in the second play through occurs even when nothing is plugged into the input of the amp.

• What cabinet type did you record from?

Any amplified speaker at loud levels is going to have some hissing noise. I played your track at around 76db and did not hear the hiss until I raised the volume to 86db at 2 feet away. I think it sounds normal.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Did you record with your phone? Or the signal directly in the digital domain?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• BayouTexan Thanks for giving it a listen, Im using a York Creamback IR. Just sounds a bit more noisy than my actual mesa boogie, but I guess I can do some more Eqing.

What I meant was what "physical cabinet" you used? The Kemper Kabinet is not meant to be mic'd or recorded. When recording directly from the profiler into DAW you will be able to omit any hiss.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.