Kemper Rack + Widi + Tablet app

• Hi guys !

I'm still working on a remote solution that could allow me to switch presets and slots from sidestage while my musician is on stage with 1 or 2 remotes.

I know (and I'm regularly using it) that I can mirror the remote by using another remote plugged into a PoE hub.

The problem is that I can be quite far from the racks and laying an RJ45 is not always an option.

What I was having in mind is having a tablet at my desk with some MIDI control app (Android preferably) with buttons that i can use to send what I need using a WIDI device, BUT having the communication going both ways - being able to send PCs and monitor what is going on on-stage on the Kemper.

All-in-all, pretty much like having another remote but without the actual remote.

Has anyone done that already and could shade some light on what I'd need ?

I know that the CME Widi plugs are working, but what app can I use and is it possible to have the communication going both ways ?

Thank you very much !

Simba

• Good idea but very unpractical for several reasons :

- I know for a fact that Kemper tends to crash or freeze when using RM ... you have no idea how cautious you have to be if you don't want to have problems during the show.

- it needs to use a router and a hub to work with both the remote and the app, plus a PoE injector to power the remote : so a lot of hardware involved.

- I just want to send and read PCs ; not being able to mess with settings and other things.

The setup has to be bullet proof because as soon as there will be a mishap (and there will be) I don't want any reason for the musician to think I screwed up something.

I may have found something with Touch OSC but now I have to figure out how far I can go with it.

In an ideal world I would be able to display the presets on a text box in Touch OSC, but I don't know how to read the strings coming out the Kemper and if it sends it on MIDI anyway.

It has to be using the MIDI channels, RJ45 is reserved to the remote and only the remote (bullet-proofing and easiest way to hotswap the remote to the backup Kemper if the main one fails)

But thank you for your input mate !
    Definitely something I will be testing during rehearsals.

• I use RM iOS on an iPad on my Mic stand when playing live and never had an issue. AFAIK crashes are related to the usb connection when using the normal RM. PoE and router can be housed in the back of the rack and easy to have a backup for both

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better