Has the the new 9.0 OS a designated ASIO driver?

• You can listen via PC speakers with no problem. I also use studio monitors and switch between those two systems often.

How does one set that up?
    Choose the PC Speakers as the sound output? I am using Cubase 11 and I only get the option of the ASIO4ALL output. I assume I configure the output in there?

Will test :)

• In my case, I select "Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)". See what yours says by right-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar. You set up the speaker output in the DAW Preference menu and also in the Windows taskbar, if I remember correctly.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• When the Kemper USB interface is active, Windows speaker icon will set speaker output to the Kemper Profiler. Change it to your desktop speakers by right-clicking the icon. Let me know if you got it.

• Windows 10 set the Profiler as my audio source automatically and defaulted back to my Focurite 6i6 as soon a the KPA was shut off.

After adjusting the USB audio level to blend Youtube with my current profile, it was a kick and sound pretty good to have everything come out of my 2 Kones, via a Ritter 2x180X amp

• When the Kemper USB interface is active, Windows speaker icon will set speaker output to the Kemper Profiler. Change it to your desktop speakers by right-clicking the icon. Let me know if you got it.

That's not worked for me.

My profiler is being picked up by Cubase and I can hear audio coming through the KPA.

I selected the Speakers as the audio output on my PC and I can hear system sounds but not Cubase.

I am unsure how to tell Cubase to output to the PC and not the Kemper.

• Setup Cubase to use the WASAPi driver like I posted above so you know it will show your pc audio driver option for the output and see if that works to get sound to your pc speakers

See the pics in this post for the cubase window to use...

9.0 USB audio is amazing: I'm getting sound from the track I'm working on in my DAW (Cubase Pro 12) from the Kemper headphone outs, and it sounds awesome!

When using the ASIO4all driver, you may have to open that up and disable the kemper output and enable your pc audio for output (playback). I've only used the Kemper USB a few times so I don't remember every step I did. I went back to my Audio Interface because of ease of use.

• Ah, so you are using WASAPi not ASIO4ALL?

I think I'll live with it for the time being. I tend to record with headphones so I can use the KPA Headphones for that.

The pics in the linked article use the KPA output too.

I've got Cubase talking to the KPA which is great. That's the important bit!

Thanks for your help. Hopefully the Kemper ASIO driver will be along sooner than later and will give us flexibility...

I would also use my Audio Interface but desk space is a commodity at the mo!

• I've used both of those drivers when Kemper USB came out so I could have those two templates when I needed. My Motu interface has it's own driver and I get lower latency and can use a lower buffer size than with the others. I would assume a dedicated Kemper driver will allow lower latencies too over those two generic ones.

• I've used both of those drivers when Kemper USB came out so I could have those two templates when I needed. My Motu interface has it's own driver and I get lower latency and can use a lower buffer size than with the others. I would assume a dedicated Kemper driver will allow lower latencies too over those two generic ones.

Thanks for your help. I'll just go with headphones when playing.

• Proprietary USB audio drivers are work in progress and not part of OS 9.0 and RM 3.4.32.

I have been holding out for the dedicated Kemper USB driver and have not installed ASIO4all. Is the driver release anticipated in the near future?

Thanks for any info.

• I agree. Asio4all is not really a stable solution. For me at least.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM