USB and Studio one DAW

• I’m having a problem with seeing the kemper in studio one. I have a Mac M1. I can see the profiler in the Mac MIDI assistant. I can play music from the Mac to the profiler. Do I have add the profiler as an external instrument? I have tried this with no success. Do I have assign it to specific MIDI channels? I can see everything in rig manager I think I have the usb settings right. Thanks

• Thanks, I was able to get a signal now. I take it you have to use the Kemper for playback. Playback seemed noisy. Think I'll stick to the traditional way until the bugs are out. Little complicated for this old guy.

• you need to select the Profiler as the audio interface in the audio settings of your DAW in order to send and receive audio signals.

excuse me but in my environment Studio One 6 does not recognize the Kemper as an audio interface.. it recognizes my Octa Capture, GR55 and Windows but not the Kemper.. Kemper works flawlessly as interface when set up in my PC W10 but no way I can use it within Studio One 6.. I wrote to Presonus and waiting for their answer…

• New
    • Official Post

excuse me but in my environment Studio One 6 does not recognize the Kemper as an audio interface.. it recognizes my Octa Capture, GR55 and Windows but not the Kemper.. Kemper works flawlessly as interface when set up in my PC W10 but no way I can use it within Studio One 6.. I wrote to Presonus and waiting for their answer…

did you install Asio4All or Wasapi as the driver?

• you always need an ASIO driver to use any audio interface with a DAW. If you install Asio4All on your computer you will be able to use the Profiler as the audio interface for your DAW

so I downloaded and installed this ASIO4ALL driver… “funny” thing happens.. I can playback everything through Kemper Interface everything but Studio One projects.. although I have set inside SO6 this driver as input and output channels… hm… any suggestion from you or maybe someone who uses SO6? Thanks a lot…

• Don't know if this helps at all, but in Reaper DAW I can connect to the Kemper USB with both 'DirectSound' and 'Waveout' chosen as the audio system.

(Instead of choosing ASIO, you choose one of those.) It shows up as Digital Audio Interface (Profiler)

It's not ASIO, but still way better than ASIO4All....