Scanning for Profilers... Windows 10

• I was holding off on updating to the latest OS and RM. Took the plunge yesterday. Carefully noted the currently installed OS and RM versions. Everything was working fine before the update.

Now RM seems permanently stuck in Scanning for Profilers mode. Reinstalling the last known good OS and RM results in Scanning for Profiles. Have tried many different OS and RM version since and always get the same result - Scanning for Profiles.

Things of note:

• Versions before I entered into this nasty mess - OS 8.7.10.38833, RM 3.3.50
    • Performed a factory reset along the way
    • Tried many different versions. Nothing works
    • Uninstalled RM via Windows uninstall as suggested in another thread. No difference in behavior
    • Cable are the same 3 that have always worked previously. This is not a cable problem.
    • Versions that I upgraded to are OS 9.0.5.45603 and RM 3.4.32
    • Tried two different PCs. Both worked before the 'upgrade'

• I7 processor, USB 2.0 ports, Windows 10 Pro, desktop
      • I7 processor, USB 3.0 ports, Windows 10, laptop. This machine was not upgraded and no longer works. It is stuck in Scanning for Profiles hell also.
    • It seems the Toaster itself is toast

I'm seriously disappointed with all of this. I should have continued to hold off on the update. Took careful steps to avoid exactly this situation. Hours of time wasted.

Edited once, last by lbieber ().

• Wanted to follow up on this thread.

Contacted support. Received help via email. I provided info (situation, cables, OS, log files) as requested. Problem was determined to be hardware. Fortunately, I am in Colorado and relatively close to the repair center. Unit was under warranty so no charge. Shipped unit to repair center (one day shipping via standard UPS ground), they repaired and shipped it back. Process took about 10 days in total. Very happy with overall response of the Kemper team. One small complaint: Colorado repair team communication was lacking, but the unit was successfully and efficiently repaired. Can't say what failed or how it was repaired because Kemper has not provided that information at this time.

Thanks to the Kemper team for the service!