Anyone own or played a strymon iridium?

• Has anyone owned or still use one, or perhaps gotten rid of if for an alternative "pocket sized" secondary (backup?) unit.

Perhaps you have found better in a HX stomp, toneX or other similar device.

Hoping i can get some unbiased comments from fellow Kemper users of their thoughts and experiences with the iridium.

Not looking for comparisons with the Kemper but perhaps with compared with other pocket-sized units.

thanks all

• Since you're also asking about other Iridium-like units, I can suggest to look into Boss IR-200. It has 8 amp models, ranging from clean to high-gain (with 3 different gain "channels" for each), 128 memory slots for presets, 128 IR slots, stereo cabs, stereo effects loop (though you need a Y-cable for return), graphic/parametric EQs for both stereo sides, ambience reverbs, some customizability for switches, possibility to use external foot-switch, built-in audio interface.

I have one, and to me (not a tone connaisseur) it sounds pretty good. UI is definitely more complicated than Iridium, but not bad, considering that for this kind of feature package it's hard to make it better. You can find mint units for $300 on Reverb.

But if you're considering a backup unit, then probably HX Stomp or Boss GT1000CORE, would serve you better, as they both have built in effects. Not a pocket size anymore, but still more compact than Iridium/IR-200/Tonex on a pedalboard with other pedals.