Performances overwritten after updating to OS 9.0.5

• Hi, I am using a Profiler Head that was running with OS 8.5.8.30570 and had to update to get rid of the Transpose not following the Performance settings bug as it has been fixed in the newer versions. After updating with an interim step of installing OS 7.3.2 first and then to 9.0.5, I got shocked when going into rehearsal and seen that my previously saved Performance slots were overwritten with a "Crunch" profile by Kemper and all the FX settings were erased, they are just completely blank. I did not have a backup as I have never experienced anything like this with OS updates, so now I am standing here all my performances gone and having 2 shows scheduled for the weekend and having no time to set up everything from scratch (6 performances with 30 different slot settings). Is there any chance to somehow revert to the previous OS and do a backup of the profiles or just somehow restore those lost performances? Has anyone bumped into such an issue before?

• Had the same issue first on a gig after updating to V9. Still the same problem after some reboots. But I went back to first performance and went up to the overwritten one, but then it was the right Performance. I don't know what happened, but a little funny and scary failure at the same time... Since then not any problems. Eventually a MIDI failure?

• It sounds as if there might have been an issue with the edit buffer - the temporary edited state of the Performance that is maintned during a restart and an upgrade, but not with any stored Performance.

• Ok I’ll say it… how is it that you don’t have a backup?

You’ve never copied Performances into rig manager and/or exported your performances to computer hard drive?

Didn’t take a profiler backup before performing OS upgrades? (Which the instructions state in big bold letters to do)

Didn’t test the unit out before heading to rehearsal ?

All of the above is the total basics of life with technology. It’s not hard to do.

Sorry to sound a bit mean (don’t intend to) but you do have to take some ownership here ;)

I have backups on slim profile USB stick that literally lives in the unit 24x7 and I just press the “backup” button every now and then. … backups of performances inside a folder structure in rig manager… and exports of those to my laptop hard drive which in turn happens to be my OneDrive folder so that they’re sync’d to cloud and accessible to me anywhere with an internet connection should I ever need access when out and about.

Hope you manage to get back up and running easily.. and for your future sanity - start doing the above!! ;)