back panel difference between the black and white version

• Hi all.........I would like to ask you about the differences between the white and black version back panel.
    to be more specific, I'm expecting tomorrow morning my brand new kemper, black version.
    I had the white version for some weeks from a friend. I then checked out the pictures of the black version at Thomann web site and found, at least, these two differences:
    1) the compartment above the jacks panel in the back of the kemper is in aluminum in the black version while the white version is painted in the same green colour identical to the kemper chassis. probabily the material of the compartment of the white version is different as the one used in the compartment of the black version.
    2) the black version has two air grid while my friend's one doesn't (white version), one near the power cable plug and the second near the s/pdif plugs
    do you reckon the same things?
    I might have looked at old pictures in Thomann web store, or maybe not. Can someone clarify the thing?
    true that tomorrow I'll find out myself if there are differences. But if I can have some words prior to the delivery I'll be happy. :)
    michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi, Michael, and congratz on receiving your Kemper. I'm awaiting my second Kemper tomorrow as well.
    I'm curious about your question, as I didn't think there were any differences between the white and black version. Keep us(or me) posted on this!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• I think the key to answering this question for ourselves is whether the latest white units also have the extra vents. Could someone who has just received a white unit please advise. If only the black units have the extra vents then my guess is that the vents have been added to avoid overheating if the unit is placed in direct sunlight. Seems unlikley, but I can't think of another explanation. If the new white units also have the vents then I am guessing that the manufacturer's own long term tests show it is a wise addition, perhaps linked to development and testing of the optional power amp. There does not appear to be an overheating problem with the early white units as there is no mention of it in this forum, so I don't think owners of those units have too much to worry about. Nevertheless, it would be better that the manufacturer gives a clear explanation of the reasons behind this change to avoid unnecessary speculation and possible demands for a recall from worried owners of the 'pre-vent' models.

• thank you guys for your replies.
    to be honest, my so called concern about the differences are more into the back compartment rather than on the vents. I have been using my friend's kemper for hours and, apart some heating (common one, though) on the bottom, the kemper is quite cold, so to say. consider I am used to handle mesa boogie stuff which after hours of use can be used to fry eggs!
    I am more concerned about the compartment internal material and finishing. but I'm based on thomann website pictures that can or cannot be updated.
    if they are updated, than I like more the compartment of the white version which, as said, apparently has the same material and finishing as the external chassis. according to thomann picture of the black version, the compartment is done with an ugly greyish aluminum.
    of course it is a matter of taste, which I'm aware of course, doesn't influence the sound at all..............
    michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• ok. just got mine right now. the thomann pics are correct: the internal compartment has a different material compared to the white version. in addition, the bottom part of the kemper has different base than the white one. if you go to thomann website and see kemper white and black you can see where the bel attaches there is a sort of vent. through the vent you can see that the black version has alluminun inside, while the white version has the same material as the top.
    I found th aluminum to be a cheaper material to be used and am asking why the difference in the material choices.
    can someone at Kemper answer to this?
    all the best
    michael

• here's some pics by the way...........first the black version back panel compartment, then the white version one.

I have asked Kemper directly this morning and as soon as I get an aswer I will post it here.
    michael

• I am more concerned about the compartment internal material and finishing. but I'm based on thomann website pictures that can or cannot be updated. [...] the compartment is done with an ugly greyish aluminum.

The black version's inside compartment has simply no surface treatment, so you see the raw aluminum (which is used for the whole amp). So the white version simply has also some of the inner parts treated, the black version saves the primer and the paint on those part. Just buy a white version and change the outer parts with your black version :D
    Or wait for the power amp which will close the compartment ;)

• thanks for your reply. I'm not a material expert, but as far as I can touch and feel, it is not a surface treatment difference only. but as mentioned, I'm not an expert. meanwhile I received an answer to my request at Kemper but it was vague and, by the way, they didn't mention any finishing differences. if it was just that, they would say so, i guess. they just told me that the kemper has no difference in sounding between the two versions. ah, ok, I can dig it!

besides, there is the question on the grills which is there only in the black version. I've asked for this as well but no mentioning.

overall I'm not unhappy because of these differences. I consider the kemper as the ampli of my life after spending 40+years on the guitar and having try/tested virtually everything.

so, be it! no problems that I cannot live with :)

mic