Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! Liquid Vibroverb / UBER ULTRA Added

• Got 3 of Matt's packs about 18 hours ago ..... bought last night before bed and set up in the last 2 hours or so.

Never previously used or bought anything of his.

Got all my reference recordings and set ups of my KPA 3 x official LP Packs and the T-Dill Pack.

Nano review.

=> the 3 x Official KPA LP Packs -are- brilliant

=> the T-Dill Pack is in my opinion a touch better than the 3 x official Packs

I got the MattFig LP AC30, LP Marshall JTM and LP Dirty Shirley

in short ... these are in a league of their own.

They have a clarity and openness and detail that is just simply next level.

I am using the DI Profiles with my favourite IR and it is just stunning. The Studio Profiles -are equally as good- I just prefer the sound of my own preferred IR.

Major tip ... if you want to use LP's with your preferred favourite IR I strongly recommend you invest in properly done DI LP's .. why ?

Yes .... you -can- use a Studio Profile and replace the baked-in Cab with your IR and it is OK ... but as good as the KPA Cab separation algorithm is ... whenever I have replaced a Studio Baked in Cab with an IR ... there is always this annoying low-mid-range notch-frequency where the Amp and IR just "clash" and don't "quite combine properly".

No such issue when using a DI LP that is done properly with the real speaker still connected to the Amp.

If you like the LP Amps he has, I cannot strongly enough recommend trying his packs ...... I cant possibly imagine being disappointed either with the full Studio LP's or the DI LP's included if you have a favourite IR.

Great work Matt !!!

Ben

• Mattfig

Changed the title of the thread from “Mattfig - Wizard has ARRIVED” to “Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! Wizard has ARRIVED”.
  • Mattfig

Changed the title of the thread from “Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! Wizard has ARRIVED” to “Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! UBER ULTRA Added”.
  • Mattfig

Changed the title of the thread from “Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! UBER ULTRA Added” to “Mattfig - 50% OFF SALE NOW ! Liquid Vibroverb / UBER ULTRA Added”.
  • For anyone else who likes playing through their powered Kab and has these profiles...

I was/have been spending lots of time getting direct profiles to sound their best into a powered Kemper Kab while balancing that sound with what goes through the cab sim. I was using Ownhammer Rockbox speakers...typically Classic A5...and using the MattFig DIs on the latest Liquid stuff.

I decided today to take the exact same profiles...a DI version and the equivalent studio version...and compare them with the exact same amp settings and speaker imprints. Kind of surprised me. The studio profiles sounded more alive through the entire EQ spectrum vs the DI versions. The Studio through Kab sounded very natural and the amp EQ settings I arrived at were very much in order to what I would use on a real amp. I could probably dial the amp differently for either type of profile, but as a starting point, studio profiles through a powered Kab with imprints sounded better right off the bat than the DI equivalents through the Kab + imprints. Added bonus...you can send the studio profile direct. FWIW...I'm setting my Directivity at around 6.5. I think that plays a large bit in how it sounds too. So many ways to dial it up...in a good way.

Any other Kab users run this comparison? Did you feel the same way? This is likely MattFig specific as I'm sure it's different with other DIs given there are different capture methods, but this was a revelation to me. I already liked the profiles...now I'm loving them.