USB Audio Recording - FL Studio DAW

• I have been happily recording guitar tracks from my Kemper Stage through my Audient iD14 into FL Studio 21 (Edison or audio tracks).

With the new release of USB recording directly from the Kemper, this would be a great way to simultaneously record DI, Stacks, Wet/Dly or Stereo etc.

The problem is that it just doesn't want to play nice. I can hear audio from my PC and my live playing from the Kemper using the Digital Audio Interface (Profiler) with both In and Out being used and hearing everything in my headphones from the back of the Stage unit. All good.

However, I can't use the Digital Audio Interface (Profiler) with both In and Out in FL Studio. I get this error "Couldn't create the main streaming DirectSound buffer"

I can achieve sound using an ASIO driver and having the Output via and Audient iD14 but it's unworkable.

It's fine to set-up, and I can hear tracks in FL Studio and my live Kemper playing BUT, once I select the Profiler input channel to record (whether it's just Master Stereo or other) the return feedback is distorted and has high latency.

I have tired using the FL Studio ASIO driver.

I have also tried ASIO4ALL (v2) with the same result.

I have latency matched the input and output but still unworkable.

Would appreciate any advice to overcome this or are we awaiting a better driver from Kemper?

• I’m not sure I can help very much but I have been using the Kemper Profiler in FL Studio 21 without any issues.

In the Audio settings I select “Profiler” as the Device, and make sure to have the sample rate at 44100 Hz.

I had both inputs 1 and 2 working as planned and the DAW sound coming back through the Kemper to headphones no problem.

I’m on a Mac so maybe that makes a difference?

• Thanks Caliedoscope, Seems it doesn't like PC. Even with the recent Kemper USB updates (release 10.1.2.47971), I can't use the 'profiler' USB audio driver directly. See attached below the error I get. The ASIO4ALL does not provide return audio back to the Kemper without unworkable latency. If anyone else has experienced configuring Kemper USB with FL Studio 21, I'd appreciate your comments. I have chatted with Kemper but they have not tested specifically on FL and say all DAWs should just work the same. Lame.

• Thanks Caliedoscope, Seems it doesn't like PC. Even with the recent Kemper USB updates (release 10.1.2.47971), I can't use the 'profiler' USB audio driver directly. See attached below the error I get. The ASIO4ALL does not provide return audio back to the Kemper without unworkable latency. If anyone else has experienced configuring Kemper USB with FL Studio 21, I'd appreciate your comments. I have chatted with Kemper but they have not tested specifically on FL and say all DAWs should just work the same. Lame.

Kemper support: "It is an issue with Windows. With the generic ASIO4ALL driver, you get a noticeable latency. In a Mac environment, the Profiler uses the core audio driver."