SPDIF Stereo in?

• I haven't used my Kemper amp for a long time. I thought that I used it in the past with external stereo FXs connected to the direct out and monitor out and going back into the return and alt inputs. Now I can't get it to work. After a lot of fiddling it seems that the SPDIF input is the problem as it is only the left side coming from the DAW. Is this correct? Is there another way that I'm missing?

I think now that it probably wasn't working in the way that I thought, I was probably hearing mono in stereo out as opposed to stereo in stereo out.

• You can configure your daw to use a stereo or two mono outputs to the SPDIF input on the Kemper. If you only send a mono signal it will go to one SPDIF input. Monitor out is an output designed for an amp and speaker. Each Kemper output can be assigned separately in the output section.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• You can use external stereo effects on the Main Outs too. I do it all the time. Then I send main outs to my interface ins. I do analog reamping.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You can configure your daw to use a stereo or two mono outputs to the SPDIF input on the Kemper. If you only send a mono signal it will go to one SPDIF input. Monitor out is an output designed for an amp and speaker. Each Kemper output can be assigned separately in the output section.

Thanks. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If I look at the meters going in and out of the DAW to SPDIF, going out the left and right are correct, coming back in only the left side is there and it is now on both sides.

Kemper

Input = SPDIF input reamp

Output = Master stereo

SPDIF Output = Master stereo

This only seems to see the left side.

• Do you have the DAW output set to stereo? My Spdif channels are 9&10 so I send a stereo out on those. I can also send a mono out on 9 which would go to the left spdif input. Your Kemper in’s and outs look right so I think you should check your DAW

• Do you have the DAW output set to stereo? My Spdif channels are 9&10 so I send a stereo out on those. I can also send a mono out on 9 which would go to the left spdif input. Your Kemper in’s and outs look right so I think you should check your DAW

I think the DAW setup is correct. My interface has its own software that you can see pretty much everything it sees on meters. The SPDIF out show correctly on the meters, the input only show the left side coming back on both sides. I think I will contact their support and see what they say.

• I think the DAW setup is correct. My interface has its own software that you can see pretty much everything it sees on meters. The SPDIF out show correctly on the meters, the input only show the left side coming back on both sides. I think I will contact their support and see what they say.

I’m intrigued. If you get a minute, do a wee video of the your process. Good luck

• The S/PDIF Input on the Profiler has always operated with the left channel only.

From the Main Manual 10.0, page 142:

The S/PDIF INPUT is typically used for reamping from an audio interface. S/PDIF signals are stereo by definition; however, only the left side is taken for reamping.