Fender Tonemaster Pro - Modelling unit + dedicated FRFR speaker power

• Fender just entered the game of modelling to compete with Neural DSP, AXE-FX, Helix, Kemper.

Suggested price 1700$

In addition two FRFR cabinets will be offered with 10" and 12" speaker.

Tested by Mr Ola Englund --->

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't see what could be the advantage over Kemper since this device does not even have a profiling (or capturing) functionality...

And... for live use IMO the Kemper Remote architecture is still the smartest of them all.

I would definitvely prefere a Kemper Stage with two Powered Kabinets ;)

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• I gather some possibility of a capture/playback option rearing its ugly head on this new device in future has been mentioned by somebody from Fender - although the substance of that is uncertain.

I think it only a matter of time before open source NAM capture playback finds its way onto these ARM based devices - NAM compatibility could easily become a common feature on cheap asian modellers in the next year or so for example => capture playback as a feature could become about as common place as tap tempo delays.

• Hi,

Fender's modelling amps (read Mustang) are actually quite useable.

I sometimes had the impression that they lack performance when everything else is on. Cranking up the volume is not helping.

I doubt that the Tonemaster will find a suitable niche. And no, it cannot compare with the Kemper. Entirely different animals the two of them. It has to fight with Helix and Axe.

Just my two cents.

Jo.

• I don't see a lack of Profiling/Capture technology to be a reason to discount this unit at all. Two huge and highly successful players have made no attempt to introduce such technology - Line6 and Fractal.

If Fender is committed to their technology and the Tone Master line long term in a way similar to Line6 and Kemper, there is no way they won't be successful. Fender represents over a third of the musical instrument market. They are the ten-ton gorilla. If its a piece of their core market (and it is)...and they're committed.....they're in.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche