MIDI programme change in Logic

• Hi guys,

we have recently switched from Cymatic to Logic - Mac to run our live shows (samples and midi changes) as everything is much easier, however, we bumped into a problem. All our songs are in a chain (one after another). We have a kemper bank for each song but sometimes 5 presets is not enough. For example, if we just want to toggle on/off just the Delay, we send a MIDI signal 26 which is just fine but then when it is switched off, it switches off the delay for all other presets in all songs. Is there a way to keep the command for a dedicated section only?

Thanks a lot

Jan

• Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    This sounds good but what if there are presets in the following bank, where there is no effect assigned to "Delay button"? Kemper keeps giving a message that there is an empty slot. I am bit worried that this will jam the unit during live shows...

Thanks
    J.

• Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    This sounds good but what if there are presets in the following bank, where there is no effect assigned to "Delay button"? Kemper keeps giving a message that there is an empty slot. I am bit worried that this will jam the unit during live shows...

Thanks
    J.

you need to place the CC that turns off the stomp or effect before you send the program change to select the next rig/slot/performance.

• BTW, JaSir84 - I wonder how your Logic project looks like. I also tried to use Logic like you do (single project for all songs) but ultimately it was a lot of work to set up all tempo / time signatures changes (to have metronome clicking correctly) and it was a nightmare when I wanted to do some editing which would change automation / timeline. Eventually I settled on using Gig Performer and I'm very happy with it but I'm curious about your experiences with using Logic.

• Hi piotrmaj

I've been also using Logic for Live Performances for a long time. If you want to Go deeper in this chapter, i found a great series of videos in YT, where a guy explains all the important stuff in different parts.

Check him out:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X