Recording vocals with the Kemper

• Because I'm cheap, and don't want more boxes on my desk. Originally I tested this to check that a mic I was selling works before mailing it.

YMMV, my chain: sE V7 mic -> alt. input -> loop effect on D slot on the Kemper -> mic pre profile (exchange has Neve, API, Great River profiles) -> spdif out.

So far I've only tried low volume "singing" at home, but sound seems to be clear and nice. Enough for death metal vocs. :D

• I hope your ingenuity gives you some great results on the cheap.

However, if it doesn't work out, there is always the Focusrite Scarlett Solo currently at £82. They have great preamps for the price and there are probably other brands just as good. Gone are the days when you had to make a major investment for an interface.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I do that every time I record vocals , RU sirius preamp profiles for instance , or I disengage the stack If I use the art voice channel preamp

The noise gates, FX ( post & pre ) are killer , I often use the doubler , verb & delays

It's a great solution , TBH I most often use the art voice channel in front of the KPA wired to the alt input , I just have to switch the profile, no cabling needed.

• Because I'm cheap, and don't want more boxes on my desk. Originally I tested this to check that a mic I was selling works before mailing it.

YMMV, my chain: sE V7 mic -> alt. input -> loop effect on D slot on the Kemper -> mic pre profile (exchange has Neve, API, Great River profiles) -> spdif out.

So far I've only tried low volume "singing" at home, but sound seems to be clear and nice. Enough for death metal vocs. :D

Hi,

why are you selling the mic? We have had good results with SE in our band…