Need Help Daisy Chaining 2 Kemper Stage

• Hi folks,

I am trying to daisy chain 2 Kemper stages together, due to Focusrite 4i4 USB interface only having 1set of MIDI in/out. I have read multiple threads that are close(?) to what I want, but I am still having difficulty getting the second Kemper to program change. Stage one is HC7, Stage two is CH8. 1st one works fine if SETTINGS: MIDI Global CH is set to 7.

I have tried MIDI DEVICE A and B with different channels and No I don't have them set to MIDI THRU. Have tried multiple combos of Channel and MIDI port select to no avail.

I could really use some help on this as Kemper is not terribly clear on this.

1) No they are NOT mirroring, each Stage will have separate MIDI changes

2) Yes There are pedals involved, each doing wah in separate songs.

3) MIDI commands in Reaper are correct, and have been tested on a different MIDI interface, a Mackie Control Universal Pro with Klinke, (which has multiple MIDI in/outs).

4) MIDI Global on Stage 1 set to Ch7, Set to Ch8 on 2nd. If hooked up independently they work properly.

Edited once, last by Murray68 ().

• have you considered a midi splitter ?

Assuming your controller midi-out goes into the interface midi-in then the interface midi out would go to the splitter then to the 2 stage units.

maybe something like this...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIthru4--midi-solutions-multivoltage-quadra-thru-1-in-4-out-midi-through-box

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

Edited once, last by Edward Dixon ().