Coming back to Kemper

• Hello gang.

I have been away from playing and using the Kemper for months now.

Just came back to it and to my delight there was a rather awesome update released I could see that includes USB audio (wow!) AND something awesome called ‘Liquid Profiles’

But I try to gather info about this Liquid Profile thing by reading online and watching videos but, and maybe I’m slow, I can not figure out what is it about.

I see in Rig Manager that there is a ‘Generic amp’ thing there now with what seems to be 40-ish well known amps.

So my question is: in the absolute laymannesses layman’s terms; what is it about? Are all my profiles liquid now, do I have to re-purchase profiles, is there something to ‘set up’ for them to work?

Also, what output settings do you guys recommend for a guitar going straight into Kemper with Main Out going to a USB Audio Interface connected to a PC?

Thanks 🙏😊

• In laymans terms:

The 'Generic' EQ is the standard EQ that was normally used since the inception of the Kemper.

Liquid Profiling means you can select other real world amp EQs instead of the Generic EQ. If you pick a Marshall EQ it will have the same frequencies and gains as the original amp. This is a cool feature because real amp EQs are interactive. Changing the mid may change the bass for example. The controls should act very similar to the real amp.

This includes the gain control for a real amp. You will now have 2 gains. The LP amp gain which is adjusted to the real world amps gain range. And a regular gain that is the normal Kemper gain with its full range of control. Think of it like a Fender may have a gain range of 0-10 which corresponds to the Kemper gain of 0-.4 for example.

• Ah! This makes a lot of sense. Thank you I actually get it now. This is an awesome new feature.

Christoph Kemper is simply a genius!