Issue with output and mixer through XLR cabl

• It seems I've got a smilar problem as one mentioned in topic July 18.

I use 2 jack cables from Monitor out and Direct out to 2 jack inputs on a mixer. Then I connect 2 QSC 1000 W. K8 speaker cabs to the L+R outputs on the mixer both with XLR cables. All for monitor reasons. Main outs go to large mixer.

With this connections my guitar volume drops significantly. Raising the potmeters on the mixer doesn't help. Raising more gain on mixer results quickly in red blinking leds. Raising Output on the Profiler seems to me not a good idea. Raising my volume pedal from minimum to max (for soloing) has also no effect. Volume stays at a certain (low) level on stage.

Someone with an idea?

• Maybe best to start by figuring out where the problem is.

The part that sounds suspicious is when you say "Raising my volume pedal..." has no effect. Your description seems to indicate you must have the "Monitor Stereo" checkbox clicked on the Kemper Output settings. What is "Monitor Output" set to? Seems like you'd want Master Stereo. If not. is there a reason you'd be setting it to something else?

Maybe an easy quick test would be to plug your K8's directly out of the Kemper and check if your Volume pedal works. Try it first with the speakers in the Kemper main outs, then again with the speakers connected to the Monitor Out and Direct Out on the Kemper. If both Main Output and Monitor Output are set to Master Stereo then both should work the same way. You'd probably want to at first make sure you don't have any differences in Main Out EQ and Monitor Out EQ (although you might adjust them after all is working). Since you're using FRFR cabs you wouldn't want the "Monitor cab off" checked.

If they both work as expected, then it seems your problem must be in how you are connecting or using your mixer. You never said whether the Main outs that go to some other mixer work correctly.