Kemper sounds much better with headphones

• The headphone out has the Space effect on by default but others don’t.

Please make sure you understand what Wheresthedug says here. The space parameter/effect only goes to Kempers headphones out per default. So to compare you need to activate it for all outputs.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I bought a COAX/SPDIF converter, and my Kemper sounds a million times better using SPDIF into my Apollo Twin instead of TRS/TS. Until proven otherwise, I don't think I'm experiencing a problem. It's just that SPDIF sounds better than analog/digital conversion.

• I bought a COAX/SPDIF converter, and my Kemper sounds a million times better using SPDIF into my Apollo Twin instead of TRS/TS. Until proven otherwise, I don't think I'm experiencing a problem. It's just that SPDIF sounds better than analog/digital conversion.

Glad you got it sorted. If there is a significant sound difference between analog and spdif then something is out of the ordinary at least. The Apollo analog inputs can be very transparent.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Yeah, you are skipping one round of digital->analog->digital conversion. So what you're actually saying, is the Apollo analog/digital conversion and audio signal circuits are better than on the Kemper (and that more conversions reduces quality). Which seems to make sense to me considering price of the two units and what they can do. Kemper has like 4x as many inputs/outputs but hardly costs a whole lot more.

You own an RME Ff800.

If you go Kemper spdif out to RME spdif in there should be no difference to the analog way, Kemper analog to FF800

I can’t here a difference with Neumann KH150 and Sennheiser HD800s or AKG 812