CAB IMPULSE

• For my band I need to play a song for which I need a certain amp and a tube screamer. That's no big deal. But I read that I also need cab impulse. I have no idea what is meant by that. Do I need or buy a certain and specific cab to play this song? Or is this present in the profler? Or do I have to dial something in a rig...? And how would I use something like that? Could someone explain this to me in understandable :) English?

• Cabinet Impulses are also known as Inpulse Responses. They can be imported into the Kemper by converting them into Cabinet Presets in Rig Manager. BUT, I think that is more complicated than my suggestion.

I suggest you get as close to the sound as you can, with a Kemper Rig of the same or similar amp (if it is a Liquid Profile, you can adjust the tone controls just like the amp). Add a Kemper Drive, and adjust it to get closer.

Please keep this in mind. The way you play the parts will be more important than having the exact sound.

• Cant imagine why you would need a cab impulse (IR) for a song.

The one thing I would guess is if someone was trying to do TONE MATCHING.

An IR is a recording of what a speaker, cabinet, mic, and room do to a sound trying to come out of the speaker. These things all add to the frequency response of the sound. A top quality IR would try to remove as many of these variables as possible. But the end result is you get a certain EQ/Sound from the IR.

Tone matching is a thing where you run a program that analyzes a sound and tries to create an IR from that recording. This may be what someone is suggesting to do. Run the song you are performing into some Tone Matching app that spits out an IR to get you as close as possible.

I am just guessing here, but trying to help you figure out where you are headed.