Profile Player and Ampero Control

• Hi everybody, i got this working with a midi to usb cable by Roland (The UM-ONE) it's such a shame because ampero control can be a brilliant accessory to pair with the player.

Maybe the profile player is not doing the midi host thing so direct midi cable is not able to work!

• It's a shame that it's not working with a USB A-B cable BUT I finally got mine working with a USB to Midi cable from ESi called: MidiMate eX.

Important: Change the midi channel setting from 1 to Omni in the Ampero app! Otherwise you have to step on the switch multiple times before it reacts. :D

Hopefully Kemper and Hotone will work the USB A-B cable issue out soon.

• Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experiences with connecting the Ampero Control to the KEMPER PROFILER Player. I've encountered similar issues as discussed here.

Initially, I attempted to establish a direct connection between the Ampero Control and the PROFILER Player using both the USB-A and USB-B ports on the player. Unfortunately, neither method worked.

By the way, my PROFILER Player doesn't boot up completely when the Ampero Control is plugged into the USB-A port. Has anyone else experienced this?

I managed to establish a connection by linking both devices – the Ampero Control and the PROFILER Player – through their respective USB-B ports to my Mac.

When I open a MIDI track in Logic Pro and select Ampero as the "MIDI IN port" in the track settings, I can control the PROFILER Player with the Ampero Control. I also set the MIDI channel of the Ampero to "Omni".

I hope this information is useful and would like to know if others have had similar experiences or found different solutions.

Edited once, last by dol_100 ().

• Hi Everybody,

I have midi-connection problems with my player in combination with the Harley Benton MP-100 (Kemper-mode).

The Player works, but reacts extremely slow via usb direct connection.

The command execute's with about 3-5 sec delay, after pushing the button.

Tried it out with a midi to USB adapter, in that case the player didn't react at all.

Hopefully Kemper can help us out in an upcoming update.

• I use a nameless one (perhaps not suitable for transfer the right kind of information ?)

The MP-100 only has only a midi output, so I use one cable.

May preferred kind of use would be direct via usb, and it proved that it works, but it far to slow reacts.

Could it be, the MP-100 sucks to much power from the Player, and in that way slows the transfer ?

• hmm OK .. only one cable : so we can rule-out MIDI loop.

potential problems:

- the MIDI interface you're using is doing funny stuff (could you try another interface?)

- the controller is transmitting huge amounts of data (could you connect the controller with that USB interface to a computer and trace the data with a MIDI monitor?)

• I don’t use any interface involved in this matter.

My Harley Benton MP-100 midi footcontroller is via usb connected with the player.

The player is via usb connected with my Mac mini 2018 ( Rig Manager )

• so: 2x USB connection, and the Mac mini as a 'conductor'/'router' ?

this should definitely work fine.

In this scenario the culprit most probably is the software / settings on the Mac itself.

• I doubt it.

The problem also occurs when the mac is not involved,

Only a connection between player and MP-100.

In that case the Players bank/patch knobs also aren’t responsive anymore

When the Player is just connected with the Mac, Rig Manager works perfect.

• OK: now I'm confused: you say the MP-100 has only MIDI-OUT.. how do you connect that with only 1 MIDI cable to the KPP without a USB interface then? (like I asked before)

what I understand is the scenario which doesn't seem to work correctly for you is:

a) MP-100 <---- USB ----> KPP

the test scenario we would like to verify is:

b) MP-100 ----- MIDI OUT(DIN)-----> MIDI to USB adapter <-----USB----> KPP

questions:

in situation b) :

- still slowing down the KPP?

- what MIDI to USB adapter are you using? (brand/model/type)

- what is the MP-100 actually transmitting on it's MIDI-OUT? (connect the USB adapter to a PC/Mac, and monitor the MIDI messages)

• The MP-100 has two midi outputs.

1. Regular midi output (Din) for only sending PG and CC messages

In that case the MP-100 is fed by battery power

2. Usb midi output for only sending PG and CC messages

In that case the MP-100 is buss powerd by the Player.

The MP-100 has no midi input, for it is ment to only send

The scenario that doesn't work correctly for you is: no. 2

The scenario that doesn't work at all is: no. 2

Your questions ad the end (situation b)

- My midi (Din) to usb adapter doesn't work at all with the player

- The adapter is a unknown brand.I

I previous used it with a midi keyboard for triggering VST plugins in Logic Pro X.

- The MP-100 is transmitting PG and CC messages via midi channel 1

Here by a link to the MP-100 online manual.

https://images.thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/document/manual/432459_c_432459_r1_en_online.pdf