Xsonix Airstep Multi with Player?

• AIRSTEP Lite can only be used with Bluetooth. So I am not able to test this.

In an other discussion some Members says that there is a prolbem, but as the Kemper Support says, it must be an AIRSTEP Problem.

I also had to test different firmeware versions from XSONIC to get everything work in my usecase. With the actual firmware it does't work X/

Kemper Profiler Player with Power Cabinet

• Ah, I was not aware that the light version have no USB. I have the smart version which has one.

Anybody tried the Airstep Smart with USB cable?

Tried with USB A to C cable.

Player crashes when booting with Airstep connected.

If you plug in later - there seems to be no connection between the two.

• OK.. so it seems Airstep you are using doesn't work. Other Airstep types seem to function OK, and other brands seem to function OK.

again: there is a big chance that your Airstep is creating a MIDI loop !

you didn't report back if your Airstep works when connecting 1 DIN cable only (and using a UM-ONE which you seem to have available ) When this doesn't work either.. the problem is definitely with the Airstep.

again: we cannot debug or solve all external problematic non-Kemper products.

maybe now the moment has arrived that you should try to contact the manufacturer of Airstep, and solve this.

• I have tried with MIDI OUT only, MIDI IN only and reversed.

The Airstep works with my Boss Waza Air and Positive Grid SparkGo.

I will contact Xsonic, but hate to be bounced between Kemper and Xsonic pushing the blame.

Let’s focus on fixing the problem.

AND

What do you think of connecting MIDI controller to USB B on the Player?

• yes from what I read in Airstep's specs, it should be capable to host the Player by connecting to the B port. But if the Airstep causes a MIDI loop, it could do that on that connection too.

a USB descriptor dump can be created easily by Thesycon's device descriptor dumper:

Thesycon - USB Descriptor Dumper Tool

it could help us to analyze Airstep's USB descriptors, and maybe find out more there.

• EUREKA!!!

Airstep Smart Multi works with Player!

CONNECTION:

USB B on Player to USB C on Airstep.

Airstep firmware 19.3

Example of programming:

From AIRSTEP app:

Message 1

Message type: MIDI

Output interface: ALL

MIDI Type: Program Change

MIDI Channel: 1

PC Number: 0

PC Number will determine which rig is selected 0 to 54.

Other possibilities not tested yet.

HINT: use your old printer cable (USB B to USB A) with USB A to USB C adapter.

• Arek77

Changed the title of the thread from “Xsonix Airstep Multi with Payer?” to “Xsonix Airstep Multi with Player?”.
    • Official Post

Volume is MIDI control change #7 and a continuous controller.

Value 0 is minimum, so normally mute and value 127 is maximum, so normally the stored volume of the Rig loaded. However, you can send any value in between for various levels of volume.