Player MIDI trouble

• Tried to connect

1. Xsonic Airstep Smart Multi using USB A to C cable and then Roland UM-ONE USB/MIDI interface.
    2. Boss FC-50 using Roland UM-ONE

Player would not boot if USB A to C method used with Airstep.

With both controllers USB/MIDI light blink when pressing any footswich and the USB light is solid.

• the UM-ONE has been verified to be compatible with the Player.

Maybe the Airstep is causing a MIDI loop? You can try to connect only one direction:

Airstep(MIDI out) --> (MIDI In)UM-one <--> (USB)Player

(so leave UM-ONE's MIDI out unconnected)

• Edited once, last by Arek77 ().

• the Roland UM-ONE definitely works with the Player (and several other USB<-> MIDI converters too)

your tests show that the airstep is transmitting some sort of MID messages to the UM-ONE, but the Player doesn't react to those..

Most probably the messages aren't the ones the Player is expecting. (i.e.: wrong PC or CTL number, or maybe even a wrong message type at all?)

• the Roland UM-ONE definitely works with the Player (and several other USB<-> MIDI converters too)

your tests show that the airstep is transmitting some sort of MID messages to the UM-ONE, but the Player doesn't react to those..

Most probably the messages aren't the ones the Player is expecting. (i.e.: wrong PC or CTL number, or maybe even a wrong message type at all?)

Maybe.

I have tried CC 50 - 54 and random numbers throughout.

Tried PC random numbers throughout.

Can someone share the correct numbers for selecting Rig1 in any bank?

• Rig Change

The PROFILER Player storage offers ten banks with five Rigs each - fifty Rigs overall. These can be loaded via MIDI program changes # 1-50 respectively.

The Player is compatible with universal MIDI foot controllers, which were designed for the KEMPER PROFILER to use its “relative” method based on CC# 47-54 to load sounds. This includes the application of the global parameter Bank Load which can be found in System Settings.

Find more information regarding these control changes in the Main Manual of the KEMPER PROFILER, which can be downloaded at the KEMPER download page here:

Downloads | Kemper Amps

• Official Post

Maybe.

I have tried CC 50 - 54 and random numbers throughout.

Tried PC random numbers throughout.

Can someone share the correct numbers for selecting Rig1 in any bank?

Note that the CC50-54 are "keys", you need to send 1 and 0 (press and release)