Kemper Profile Player - Home network connection and bluetooth

• Hi all,

I just thought i'd knowledge share concerning the wifi and bluetooth connections for the profile player.....

For me I have it (seemingly) perfectly set up to play bluetooth through it ( not that I really use it for that ) and also it is connected to my home network so I can use my phone easily to mess with rigs.

Now, contradictory to the manual, with both of these settings working, the wifi/bluetooth button is glowing orange for me, instead of violet/purple.....which there is no evidence of in the manual...?

So maybe if it is in access point mode and bluetooth mode it lights up purple and homenetwork it lights up orange?

Anyway, no where in the manual does it mention this so I thought I would throw it out there....plus rig manager is hilariously vague on what is active / selected in the system settings....

Hope it helps someone...either that or I have a defective player :)

• also a new user of the player. Have the same: an orange light and can't connect the player to my iPhone. Every time when I use the barcode on the back 'player can't connect'. Bluetooth is working though but I want to use my iPhone to connect en adjust rigs and so on. Do I have to wait till the next firmware?

• also a new user of the player. Have the same: an orange light and can't connect the player to my iPhone. Every time when I use the barcode on the back 'player can't connect'. Bluetooth is working though but I want to use my iPhone to connect en adjust rigs and so on. Do I have to wait till the next firmware?

Have you changed your Wifi mode in rig manager?

• Have you changed your Wifi mode in rig manager?

yes I did. Didn't know that the rig manager on the PC was needed to have a connection between the player and my iPhone. so i'm a little bit confused. The player has his own SSID right? With my iPhone I want to connect to that SSID so I don't need the Wifi mode in the Rig Manager on my PC. Or do I talk nonsens?

• Official Post

Orange light means: you are in Network Mode! The QR code on the back is to connect when you set the Player to be an Access Point.

Press BANK+WIFI to switch between Network and Access Point Mode. When it lights green, you can connect to the Wifi which credentials are encoded in the sticker at the back.

• I have had this thing for two days, and I cannot connect to Wifi or Bluetooth. The instructions do not do what they say on my unit. I already updated it.

When I try Bluetooth, I see the Player listed, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Almost ready to return this...

• New
    • Official Post

PowNebula Bluetooth is for audio transmission only. Rig Manager mobile uses the WiFi exclusively.

Do you see the Profiler Network in your devices settings as available network? Does the SSID on the Profiler match the SSID you see on your device?

What happens when you scan the QR code on the Player?